Preferred Liveblog

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Joe Siegler, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Joe Siegler macrumors member

Joe Siegler

Note to Staff: I wasn't sure where to put this, and since it's about the iPad 3 event, I picked here. If that's not the place, plz let me know. Tkx.

-----

First, does anyone know if anyone will be live streaming the press conference? I remember one of the last 2 or 3 that Steve Jobs did Apple themselves streamed it, but no more since then.

Second, who is your preferred live blogger for the event? AND WHY?

I used to exclusively go with Engadget, but for the last one, they radically changed their liveblog format to something more than what I prefer. Which is just an HTML page with pictures as they are relevant/needed. Their new format annoyed me, so I was looking to see what others prefer for this coming Wednesday.

I'd prefer a video stream, obviously, but if that doesn't happen, I'll need a live blog to follow during that. Thanks for any input.

2. M87 macrumors 65816

The Verge. I usually watch TWiT too, but their coverage of Apple events hasn't been great lately.

3. notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

Infinite Loop (Ars Technica) does the most "live" liveblog, but they don't really offer any editorial perspective on things, nor do they have the greatest photos. I generally have them open in one tab, and the Gizmodo meta-liveblog in another (they usually get the biggest/clearest pictures because they're gathering stuff from so many sources).

4. zp3dd4 macrumors member

I really like engadget as they have most pictures. Not sure how the Verge compares (never seem them live blog), I do like their general reporting though.

5. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I usually have a 2 or 3 sites up for the live blogs, but end up just having Engadget's stream by the end. Since they have the most photos, to me they are the most entertaining.

6. homeboy macrumors 6502

Same here. Although the quality of the site and its comments have gone down the drain the past year with iSheep and Fandroid wars in every single thread, their live feed tends to be quickest and serves well for giving me the bottom line quickest.

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

If no live video stream, then I'd just go with Engadget. They're pretty reliable.

8. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie