Prefixes not enabled for macOS 10.13 forum?

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
The prior macOS 10.12 forum didn't have it defined either, so I think it was only natural that the 10.13 doesn't have them.

how useful is the general and resolved tags? Since no one noticed them last year in the 10.12 forum, I wonder if people really use the resolved all that much.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
The prior macOS 10.12 forum didn't have it defined either, so I think it was only natural that the 10.13 doesn't have them.

how useful is the general and resolved tags? Since no one noticed them last year in the 10.12 forum, I wonder if people really use the resolved all that much.
I think you have a point. We should be consistent in how the tag feature is applied, though. I am OK with turning it off forum wide, if it’s not getting used enough to justify its existence, provided some notice is given for those who do.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
think you have a point. We should be consistent in how the tag feature is applied, though
Unfortunately, the prefixes are wildly inconsistent in the macos forums. They're not on 10.13 and 10.12, but they're on the prior forums.

I did a quick perusal and saw they in the 10.11 forum they're not used much, hence my question. From a personal perspective I don't have an opinion one way or another but I do question why have them if its not something being used.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Unfortunately, the prefixes are wildly inconsistent in the macos forums. They're not on 10.13 and 10.12, but they're on the prior forums.

I did a quick perusal and saw they in the 10.11 forum they're not used much, hence my question. From a personal perspective I don't have an opinion one way or another but I do question why have them if its not something being used.
Completely agree - why activate the feature if it's not getting used? However, I think there's a different reason it's not used much: I certainly didn't think to go to Edit Title when I wanted to mark my threads as Resolved. It would get used more if it was more visible - say, offered as a drop-down in Edit Post, as that's where most people think to go first, IMO.