Prefpane Stalling

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jedivulcan, Jul 30, 2007.

1. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

I'm having problems my "Time and Date" preferences. I can't access them. It will say "Loading Time & Date" and it will stall. I have to force quit because it won't respond. I just get a beach ball. Has this happened to anyone else before? I don't get why it does this. I've reinstalled the operating system a half dozen times and don't install anything bad. Any suggestions or ways I can correct this without reinstalling the OS again?

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

3. jedivulcan thread starter macrumors 6502

Repairing permissions didn't work. Where is the Time & Date plist file located?

I thought it was fixed, but it's still stalling like crazy. It takes forever with the beachball spinning... 50/50 shot that it will work.

4. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

In your home folder > Library > Preferences. You'll find a lot of plists. You'd probably need the menu bar one. If that didn't work you could toss the system preferences plist file itself but you'll have to adjust your settings again.

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Note sure about the Time & Date preferences being in ~/Library/Preferences. I think that these settings are not per-user but system wide so will be in /Library/Preferences...

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

you're right. <slaps self>

get it from the HD Library preferences.

7. jedivulcan thread starter macrumors 6502

It's still broken. Are you sure date&time is a plist file?

8. Karvel macrumors regular

Oh I get that sometime, I think it doesn't like loading that big fancy clock :D