Pregame setup for iPhone X preorder.

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
So i've done a couple things to prepare from my years of experience preordering every phone that they had preorders for..

Can someone remind me if I'm missing anything..

Getting excited

1. Make sure carrier bill is paid up to date
2. Double check correct address with my banks debit card so it matches my current address
3. Install Apple Store app, and charge laptop, so when I try both when servers fail whichever works first I'll be ready
4. Make sure enough cash is in my debit account incase carrier finance fails for some reason, I can buy outright fast with same card
5. Test Apple Pay with said linked card
6. Set multiple alarms for 2:45am (eastern time)
7. Prepare my body for awesomeness :))

DVNIEL

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2003
California
Make sure you’re on Ethernet and not on wireless internet. Our Google Fiber bandwidth was just widened in our building too ;)

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Make sure you’re on Ethernet and not on wireless internet. Our Google Fiber bandwidth was just widened in our building too ;)
I don't even think I've had a wired internet cord in years, lol.
Anyway my goal is to be checked out with confirmation email by 12:00:50

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Save the configuration you want as a favorite. I also did a couple practice runs by buying an 8 up until pressing the final purchase button.
Great advice , thanks! Don't slip and hit that complete purchase button lol. No sane person wants an 8.
[doublepost=1508671818][/doublepost]
Great advice , thanks! Don't slip and hit that complete purchase button lol. No sane person wants an 8.
Oh and also, I can't decide if I wan black or white so that's a whole other story

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Set alarm for 2:30 am. Have a large cup of coffee and start doing finger exercises. You don't want that finger to fail at a critical moment. Double check exact time with atomic clock in Colorado.

Juan007

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
8. Make sure your ping is as low as possible, if your ping is > 50ms then you have no chance at all of getting a phone. Better disconnect the router, connect your machine to your modem via ethernet (not slow wifi), make sure the ethernet cable is as short as possible (1 ft or shorter ideally).

zhandri

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
8. Make sure your ping is as low as possible, if your ping is > 50ms then you have no chance at all of getting a phone. Better disconnect the router, connect your machine to your modem via ethernet (not slow wifi), make sure the ethernet cable is as short as possible (1 ft or shorter ideally).
And make sure you have all coins in your right pocket

Macalway

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2013
Thanks for the heads up! Any suggestions on how to do that? I've yet to use this (ever), and this is an excellent suggestion; mandatory actually. Of course, there's all sorts of ways. (I don't really NEED anything) cases?

Also, how do you prepare your body for awesomeness? This seems like a good idea. Vitamins? :D

ImBuz

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
California
Thanks for the heads up! Any suggestions on how to do that? I've yet to use this (ever), and this is an excellent suggestion; mandatory actually. Of course, there's all sorts of ways. (I don't really NEED anything) cases?

Also, how do you prepare your body for awesomeness? This seems like a good idea. Vitamins? :D
Go Here for awesomeness https://www.sacsweets.com/

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
you could buy a wireless charger if you think you'll be using one..
they're $60 at Apple.

i think the cheapest thing Apple sells is the $9 lightning->headphone adapter.
(that may be included with the X though ?)

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
So i've done a couple things to prepare from my years of experience preordering every phone that they had preorders for..

Can someone remind me if I'm missing anything..

Getting excited

1. Make sure carrier bill is paid up to date
2. Double check correct address with my banks debit card so it matches my current address
3. Install Apple Store app, and charge laptop, so when I try both when servers fail whichever works first I'll be ready
4. Make sure enough cash is in my debit account incase carrier finance fails for some reason, I can buy outright fast with same card
6. Set multiple alarms for 2:45am (eastern time)
7. Prepare my body for awesomeness :))
Make sure you eat right this week. Exercise. Breath. Get a good nights sleep every evening. And pray...

Reactions: jiehanzheng

flazedude

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2017
This might be an extra precaution I took in the UK, I called up my bank (Barclays) and told them to put a "Large Transaction Marker" on the day of pre-order, that way it makes sure your 999 dollars or 999 pounds will go through and not fail by their fraud detection. (which happens often now). By the time you call your bank to have the transaction authorized you might as well wait till next year to get the phone.

Good luck.

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
This might be an extra precaution I took in the UK, I called up my bank (Barclays) and told them to put a "Large Transaction Marker" on the day of pre-order, that way it makes sure your 999 dollars or 999 pounds will go through and not fail by their fraud detection. (which happens often now). By the time you call your bank to have the transaction authorized you might as well wait till next year to get the phone.

Good luck.
This is tremendous advice, I've had this happen and didn't even tbink about it for this.. more with credit then debit cause they are more apt to protect their money then yours lol. But still thanks I may do that
[doublepost=1508714874][/doublepost]

Please explain.
It's the same exact phone since 2013. If you care that little, is just go android or if I was set in iPhone I'd go iPhone se

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Sure it's not worth it buying it on it's own but for an included price for the annual upgrade? it's hardly bad

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008
Ugh I’m staying off macrumors this week, these threads are getting more and more ridiculous... it’s just a phone

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Ugh I’m staying off macrumors this week, these threads are getting more and more ridiculous... it’s just a phone
So like people who say

"It's just a sport"

it's no different. Fact is this forum is mainly people talking about phones thats what the forum is for.

Reactions: djjohnson