Pregnant & need iPhone help PLEASE

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Atlfine, May 29, 2011.

1. Atlfine macrumors newbie

Hi. I got an iPhone 3g 8.5 months ago when I found out I was pregnant. I have never hooked it up to iTunes. All of my personal/work notes, pictures, contacts, etc. are on it.

This morning I woke up and my phone said it needs to be restored by plugging into iTunes. Could you please confirm that since I haven't connected to iTunes ever will all my data be gone?

Is there any way to hack into it or do ANYTHING to recover my notes before the phone is restored? Please help. Is there anything at all I can do to recover my notes?

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Does it display this?

[​IMG]

If so, hold power+home for about 10 seconds, screen will turn off, then hold power, should boot up as normal.

3. Atlfine, May 29, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011

Atlfine thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried That - different screen

My screen is similar but not the same. The cd/iTunes logo at the top is the same, however the device shown at the bottom is the USB plug-in not the plug that goes into the iPhone as yours shows. I tried what was suggested but the same screen (with the USB) came back.

4. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

I think it depends on which iOS version you're on...

But try doing what AdrianK said.

5. AdrianK macrumors 68020

There are app which will kick the phone out of recovery, but it might just have the same result as rebooting, worth a try, anyway. If you're on Windows, try this, never used it before but it should be straight forward.