Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derb ryan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
Germany
Hey guys,

I have the following problem. I wanted to downgrade from Yosemite to Leopard. The problem is, my 4.1 refuses to boot from the USB stick with the Leopard installer. Maybe cause I made the boot usb on my 1.1

Is it possible to install Leopard on the Boot Drive from the 4.1 by inserting it into the 1.1?
So, pulling out the HDD from the 4.1, inserting it into the 1.1, install Leopard on it and then put it back into the 4.1

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Is it possible for you to get the original 4,1 installation disk? It should be the easiest way to install 10.5.

derb ryan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
Germany
Thanks for the answers, luckily it seems like there is a much easier solution to this than expected. I have a Snow Leopard install DVD, I always thought it would only work as an updater from Tiger or Leopard (therefor the boot usb)..but seems like I was wrong. After deleting Yosemite I was able to boot from the DVD.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
That's the way to get the OSX installed.

I guess why Apple said it's for upgrade only because you will lost something like AHT, iLife, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.