Preload itunes or apple cards for credits?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by KauaiBruce, Mar 19, 2015.

1. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I have an Itunes card that I would love to have already loaded into the Apple Store as a credit. I know I can add it at the time of purchase but the last thing I want to be doing at 9pm on April 9 (preorder time in HI) is fumbling with multiple payments when the servers are going to be BUSY.

Is there a way to preload it so my account just has a credit?

THANKS

2. czecho7 macrumors member

czecho7

You can't use iTunes gift cards on the Apple Store website. Only for the App Store, iBooks store and iTunes store.

3. KauaiBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Ah. THANKS I rarely use the Apple store direct. Always get my phones direct from AT&T

4. appleboyy macrumors 6502

iTunes cards can't be used, only Apple Store gift cards.

There's no way to add it in advance, I have £280 worth to use, just hoping it isn't too busy!!

5. malone18 macrumors member

malone18

I have $150 preloaded through passbook. Although tbh I'm not sure if there is an option to use that when checking out through the app or if it's purely an in store convenience.

6. czecho7 macrumors member

czecho7

I'm pretty sure the Passbook card works the same way as a regular gift card when using it on the Apple Store website. If you hit the info button on the Apple Gift Card in Passbook, it'll show you the Gift Card Number and the PIN. Whereas if you were in the store, I think they just scan the QR code.

7. madsci954 macrumors 68030

You'll have to use the online store, the Apple Store app doesn't allow you to redeem gift cards, I've already tried as I have a $250 GC added to passbook ready to go.

Here's a friendly tip from me to you, make a Text file on your computer, and copy the gift card pin code to it and save it. That way, come preorder time, you can just copy and paste it to the pin field.

8. macguy90 macrumors member

macguy90

I owe you a HUGE thank you! I would have not been prepared when it was time to pre-order because I was under the assumption you could apply gift cards from Passbook to orders through the app. I have done exactly what you suggested & typed the PIN numbers into an RTF. Hopefully the site doesn't crash like it did when I tried getting a 6 Plus! :eek: I was looking forward to using the app to pre-order the Watch, but I guess that's not going to happen.

9. rjlawrencejr macrumors 6502

Another option is to buy it and then return it and use gift cards to repurchase (I know it's convoluted).

10. macie007 macrumors newbie

Could you explain to me why you want to do this? Why not simply paying by credit card?

11. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

Maybe his credit is bad (or doesn't have any) and he can't get a credit card.

12. heeloliver macrumors 6502a

heeloliver

because it'd be nice to combine store credit so you have to pay less in the end?