premier account - buy in apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by manhattanmania, Jun 21, 2009.

1. manhattanmania macrumors regular

i searched but can't seem to find a concrete answer.

i'm on a premier account, have preauthorized on apple.com and got no problems-- can i buy my iphone in the apple store or do i have to do it through ATT? just called an apple store and he told me to call ATT, but i figure i'll just ask here.

interestingly, even though i preauthorized online, if i go into the premier store, it will show a banner for the iphone 3g but when i click it, it only gives me 3g as an option to buy.

2. MavsX macrumors member

MavsX

hey man. don't know. i am pretty sure you can buy your phone from anywhere. Then just add premier to your account later. You call up premier and give them your email address. They send you an email and you click a link inside the email, Which validates that you are indeed part of the premier group of which you belong, which should automatically give you the discounts.

good luck man

3. arykmax macrumors regular

My Premier page also has the banner but nothing where you can actually select the phone. Very frustrating.

4. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

i have a premier account (20% off billing :D) and bought my phone from an apple store

give it a try if you live close to a store

5. bildio macrumors regular

I successfully ordered the 3G S off Premier this morning.

6. slam05 macrumors newbie

It still doesn't show up on the Premier website for me. Can you confirm that you were able to get a premier plan through an apple store? Did you reserve online ahead of time (in which case, which rate plan did you pick since presumably they don't have premier rate plans listed on the apple site)?

7. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Each Premier Store has it's own list of authorized devices, if you don't see it then your group has not approved it to be added to the Premier device list for you FAN.

You don't order a Premier plan when you reserve or pre-order via Apple.com. You will see the normal AT&T rate plans for new single-line orders, Apple does not see the discount on your account. Your Nation Account Discount (NAD) is applied by AT&T based on your FAN and will appear in your billing summary after your activation is completed.

If you are upgrading an existing line, you will only see the option for a SMS Txt plan but no rate changes can be made as part of the reserve or pre-order. This is one of the reasons that if you are adding a line to an existing account you can't use Apple.com, they send you to AT&T.

*The Apple Online Store supports only single-line activations at this time. If you want a new account with two or more iPhones or want to add a line to an existing account, you can start here and reserve your iPhone at an Apple Retail Store.​

However, you can order one or more iPhone 3G S units, one at a time and then when you activate them, you can merge them into a single FamilyTalk rate plan.

Dave

8. x1050us macrumors newbie

Is this a new line or an upgrade ? Do they charge activation fee and/or sponsorship fee if you purchase a new line at applestore and activate it through AT&T premier.