Premier Account Holders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xleedaniel, Jun 16, 2009.

1. xleedaniel macrumors member

Hi guys, its my first time buying the iphone and i have a few questions maybe someone can help me out. im buying the iphone 3gs at the apple store on friday morning. so a few questions...

1) can i apply to be a premier account at the apple store? if not how...
    2) does it mean they can waive my activation fee if i do?
    3) and can i call on that day to apply feature codes to my plan?
    4) is there a way to manage all this online?

thanks guys!!!!!

2. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

I was wondering about this too. From what I've heard, you can only get the premier discounts if you buy one tomorrow at an AT&T store. A friend told me that when he got his 3G at the Apple Store, he was able to just call AT&T and they applied the discounts to his account that way. Can anyone confirm that? I think I'd rather get a 3G S at the Apple Store tomorrow, but I want the premier discounts...

3. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Apple Store cannot do anything with your AT&T account. They cannot set up FAN discount for you and they have no power over fees that AT&T charges on your bill.

All that Apple can do is let you pick an AT&T rate plan and activate the phone.

You will have to contact AT&T afterwards to get correct FAN discounts on service and argue about activation fees being waived.

4. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

This is not correct. Premier accounts have had access to the 3G for pre-order now for almost a week via the premier website.

The only downside is that the order tracking status sucks and it's possible we won't get our pre-orders by the 19th. Personally I will take a later delivery to avoid having to deal with the retail schmoes and crowds any day of the week.

5. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

Do you think AT&T will refuse to give you a plan discount because you bought the phone somewhere else? I bought the 3G at Apple and had no problem applying the discount to my plan. I don't know about activation fees. My guess is you get hit with them no matter where you buy. Even if not, you are out 18 bucks and don't have to deal with the twits at the AT&T store.

6. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

Oh I'm sorry, I just meant that the only way to get the premier discount in-store tomorrow would be to go to the AT&T store.

So does anyone know if we can get the fees waived and such by calling AT&T?

7. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I don't know. Other Premier members in the past have had zero issues going into the Apple store on launch day, getting their phones and then getting any FAN discounts, etc, fixed later if necessary.

My own personal line is corporate provided. I don't have access to much on my line but I am allowed to go in and upgrade or replace my equipment, so I was more or less forced to use the Premier website to do my upgrade.

I used the site to upgrade my wife's FAN account phone to a 32GB iPhone also, but depending on the delays from AT&T we might go into a retail store and pick her phone up this weekend.

8. surf2snow1 macrumors regular

You should be good. I bought my first iPhone in-store and then called AT&T to 'complain' about getting charged $32 for the activation (Premier is free activation). AT&T gives you a lecture about having to order off the premier site. Play stupid and tell them you'll do that next time. They'll credit the activation fee back to you most likely.