Premier account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jesusplay, Jun 26, 2010.

1. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

if u have a business premier account is the only option to order from atts premier site?

I'm not the primary account holder but I am an authorized user.

can I go to apple? or an att store?

2. jrpvt macrumors newbie

I believe so. I went to best buy to pre-order my iphone and was told that best buy can't activate it because it's a premier account. So, i emailed our att rep and our phones are on their way! Not sure if this is the same for an AT&T store or Apple store however...

3. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I have a premier account and I ordered directly from Apple. Tons of people do that all the time. Is that what you're asking?

4. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

You can only go to an AT&T Corporate store or online on ATT.Com/Apple.Com. Sorry about that, on the same boat.

5. forza1976 macrumors regular

+1, I have a premier account with my employer and I ordered from Apple without issues. Been using the new phone since the 23rd.

6. dave006 Contributor

dave006

This is not a 100% factual statement for all Premier Customers.

It varies by account type: IRU vs CRU. The easiest way to check it to use this link on the Apple.com site to see if they can valididate your eligibilty. If you dont' get an error message, you can order / purchase at Apple.com / Apple retail / BestBuy / RadioShack / Walmart / AT&T.com / AT&T COR retail... you get the point.

Apple Eligiblity status
    https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObjects/IPACustomer.woa/wa/IPAToolAction/checkUpgradeEligibility

Dave

7. jesusplay thread starter macrumors 6502a

it gave me a screen and showed both iphone 4's at reduced price
    and the 3gs at 99.99

so I can go to the apple store? or bestbuy?

8. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Apple store is a safer bet. Best Buy with Premier is still icky.

9. chartrapp macrumors member

stick with at&t and apple

i've had numerous conversations with AT&T about this. I'd stick with getting it with AT&T, premiere or Apple. Stay away from Radio Shack and Best Buy. essentially, when you get a corporate discount, a flag is set on your account. My understanding is that AT&T will make sure that doesn't get overwritten. With Apple, they have the tools in place to check the proper eligibility. I don't think Best Buy and Radio Shack are up to speed.