Premier customer purchase at apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emoose, Jun 22, 2010.

1. emoose macrumors newbie

So here is a question that has been asked before but I can't find a good or consistent answer:

Can a AT&T Premier customer with a FAN number associated with their account who is eligible for the 2 year upgrade purchase at an Apple Store? What about a best buy or a Radio Shack?

I am going to have to "line up" Thursday morning and planned to go to the apple store because I believe they will have the most inventory but I don't want to get in the store to be told "no."

I am considering calling AT&T business and removing my FAN for the week.

Anyone have solid insight or experience into this?

2. fuzion macrumors 6502

Are you the primary account holder? There always seems to be an issue if you're not

If you want to see whether or not apple can do it, go to store.apple.com, click pre-order iphone and enter your info.. if it comes up and says you're eligible you should be good; if it says account type not supported you will need to visit AT&T.

3. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

If the Apple online store can clear your eligibility here, you should be fine. If not, get that FAN removed because they won't be able to do anything for you. Apple can't see my FAN account for whatever reason, and I will never mess with buying through AT&T again after last week's ridiculous mess.

4. emoose thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the ideas.

I am the primary account holder and the apple website shows me as eligible so I think I will do the apple store thing Thursday.

5. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Go to this Apple link and check your Eligiblity. This will tell you if Apple can access your AT&T account. If you get an error message that tells you to go to AT&T the go to AT&T. If you don't get an error message then Apple is able to access your AT&T account even with the FAN attached. Most accounts with a FAN will have no issue or error message and can go to Apple, AT&T or any other authorized seller. Only a very small % of customers with specific account types are required to go ONLY to AT&T.

Apple Eligiblity status: https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObjects/IPACustomer.woa/wa/IPAToolAction/checkUpgradeEligibility

Yes this same question has been asked over and over again... :eek:

Dave