Premier Customer with Shipped status!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThisSpace4rent, Jun 18, 2009.

1. ThisSpace4rent macrumors newbie

woohoo

Ordered 6/9 @ 6pm central; existing customer, this is an upgrade (wife's phone)

No tracking number or email from Premier yet but it's a start!

Attached Files:

2. yakkonvazn macrumors member

nope. not yet on mine. ordered 6/9 around 3pm pacific. order date on the regular att.com order status is 6/9 as well. what shipping option did u select, if you did select one?

3. joro macrumors 68020

joro

Nothing for me as of yet either and I ordered on 6/9 at 7:30 AM EST. Hopefully this means they are starting to process the orders! :D

4. JohnFa macrumors regular

It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so why are you surprised?

5. ThisSpace4rent thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't recall selecting anything. I'm guessing I've got the default shipping.

6. ThisSpace4rent thread starter macrumors newbie

Not surprised, excited. These are our first iPhones.

7. yakkonvazn macrumors member

when were you charged? I still have yet to see any pending or anything on my bank account. Every time I call my order is processed. So no cancellation or anything.

8. ThisSpace4rent thread starter macrumors newbie

I just show a pending transaction, I haven't been following my card as closely as the ATT order so I can't tell when it appeared.

9. zwheeloc macrumors newbie

Chat with AT&T

Please wait for a chat agent to respond.

All chat agents are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. A chat agent will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with 'Marjorie F'

Marjorie F: Welcome to AT&T Premier Support. I am reading your question and will be right with you.

Zeff Wheelock: Order #:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marjorie F: To clarify, you want to know when to expect to receive your pre-ordered iPhone?

Zeff Wheelock: Yes, please

Marjorie F: I'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

Marjorie F: The orders will be mailed out starting tomorrow.

Zeff Wheelock: OK. So second day air will be either Saturday or early next week?

Zeff Wheelock: I guess I am confused why Apple is able to ship their orders out to arrive on Fri and AT&T is shipping theirs out on Friday.

Marjorie F: I will be right with you.

Marjorie F: Second day air is not offered for the iPhones.

Zeff Wheelock: Hm. I swear that there was an option to click on for overnight or 2nd Day.

Zeff Wheelock: OK. So I should expect to arrive next week?

Marjorie F: There may have been that option on the site but regrettably, the orders for the iPhones cannot be sent out for next day.

Zeff Wheelock: OK. So, an estimation would be for next week?

Marjorie F: The shipping time has been estimated for the new iPhones as 7-10 days.

Zeff Wheelock: From the email I received: "We estimate your order will be shipped within 2 - 5 business days pending approval if applicable. We will notify you by email when it is approved and shipped."

Marjorie F: That is the normal shipping time that is shown on all orders, but the new iPhones have a different shipping time-frame.

Zeff Wheelock: I am a little disappointed. But it is what it is. Not much I can do about it but wait. Thanks for the help.

=================================
    I am a new customer, but I am confused why if you ordered from Apple, you get it on Friday and if you ordered from AT&T it gets shipped on Friday. And a 7-10 day shipping. The only reason I ordered through AT&T was that I get a discount on the monthly service charge through my company. The price you pay for saving a few dollars.

10. joro macrumors 68020

joro

The problem is EVERYONE has been getting different answers from AT&T, so no one is for sure whether they will be here tomorrow or won’t be shipped until tomorrow. I would just keep watching the order status page and see what it says when it updates throughout the day.

11. hasel0001 macrumors newbie

Soapbox alert

So, by the title, you might imagine I will be ranting a little bit. Well, at least the story ends well.

I finally talked to AT&T Premier (via online chat) and got my tracking number. I will get delivery tomorrow (and, yes, I paid for overnight when I placed the order) if all goes well at this point.

Through this misadventure, though, I spoke with about 10 different phone reps and 8 different online chat reps. (the reason for so many phone reps is because the online site was not finishing my order, and it took 3 reps to get one to actually PLACE the phone order for me).

I have heard everything from "Your phones will ship on Thursday." to "They'll ship on Friday. No phones are shipping before Friday." to "7-14 days [from Wednesday], you should receive your phones." Very few reps appeared to be in the know, but they all acted like they were.

Meanwhile, I've never received an email from AT&T. Not "you placed an order,", not "it's processing", and not "here's your tracking number". I gave the agent who took my order my email address. Very carefully.

My point is, people are paying at least $200/pop for these, not to mention a commitment to over $4,000 of phone service, and these hooligans, somewhere along the way, have failed many steps of quality assurance and utterly decimated what confidence I had to begin with in AT&T.

I know we're Premiere; I know we get a discount. But I get better customer service in Wal-Mart, for goodness's sake.

Any concerned customers, how can we get AT&T to pay attention to us? Or is there no hope?

Oh well, I will feel consoled when I am tweaking my iP3GS to my liking. Maybe it can only get better from here.

Soapbox down.

12. trssho macrumors 6502

Was that so hard?

Gee whizz ATT. A little comunication and straight info would have saved a lot of headache!

Attached Files: