Premier Customers Get Screwed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LLL1424, Sep 18, 2014.

1. LLL1424 macrumors 6502

LLL1424

After quietly following all of the drama this week with the huge order mess by AT&T, it has become obvious that if you are a Premier member, you definitely got screwed on your chance to get your iPhone 6+ delivered by tomorrow. Since Premier orders have to be manually entered into the system, it doesn't matter if you ordered right at launch on the 12th, you'll enter the queue when someone gets around to actually entering your order. That explains why confirmation emails weren't sent out for hours after placing orders for most premier members.

First come, first serve, AT&T? Bull.

You would think that being a premier member would come with some kind of additional benefit when ordering products, but in fact you are punished.

I ordered both of my iPhone 6+ right at 3:00AM EST, was told that they would be delivered on the 19th. Then hours and hours later, the email confirmation came after my order was finally manually entered, and says my order won't be shipped for 14-21 days.

AT&T really needs to get their act together on this ordering process with iPhones. It happens every year, and I guarentee they lose customers over it. Why not spend the money and resources to upgrade and fix their system so that customers can order through AT&T with confidence? All they are doing right now is making customers want to switch.

I know it's just a phone, but for many Apple enthusiasts, it's something that they have been following and looking forward to for over a year.

But anyway, thanks for screwing over Premier members.

2. bova80 macrumors 6502a

well I ordered at 2:45AM EST and had 2 emails, 1 by 2:48AM EST and the other by 3:05AM EST, so I don't believe the whole manual entry thing. It is frustrating to see those who ordered the same phone way after me get tracking though. But whatever, I guess it will show up when it wants.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

4. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Do you receive a discounted wireless plan? Have you ever received additional discounts on hardware or accessories?

While I agree that all customers should have the same opportunity when ordering new devices. You are not being screwed.

5. bambooshots macrumors 65816

6. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I ordered at around 3:30am EST from AT&T site. I have two phones with two tracking numbers for FedEx delivery tomorrow.

7. Ahonen macrumors 6502

Ahonen

I placed my order at 11:53pm and got confirmation at 11:58pm, and I am a Premier customer. My tracking number confirms delivery tomorrow. I could get it today if it wasn't for FedEx holding it back.

8. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

Was that for 6's or 6Plus models. It seems a lot of us who ordered the Pluses ended up with wonky order status notifications. But it's getting hard to tell, the threads are very long and full of arguments and hard to track the flow of phones now.

I'm more concerned with coverage issues. I get very poor signal strength inside my house. I have to go outdoors and kind of wander around in my yard to get a good signal. I don't even have the option to use the phone's ability to switch the call over to wifi because right now only T-Mobile offers that option.

Having used all the other major carriers at one time or another, though, I can't say AT&T is worse or better. They all have issues.

9. Ahonen macrumors 6502

Ahonen

I ordered the 6. As for your coverage issue at home, are you in luck! Because the 6 and 6 Plus feature wifi calling!

10. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Where did you get the idea that premier orders have to be keyed in manually?

I ordered two phones via premier at 03:30 and 03:45 EDT and both are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. The delay in confirmation emails (which was about 2 hours for one and 4 for the other) was due to system load. I promise you they didn't have a million people manually keying in orders at 5 AM. It just doesn't make sense.

You ordered a crazy popular phone with crazy supply issues... You are not "getting screwed."

11. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

What ordering drama was there that was exclusive to ATT? I'm a premier member and I'm getting my 6 plus delivered tomorrow.

12. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Well, someone on the premier thread just got a tracking number for one of their Pluses. So I'm sure everyone else will get them sometime today/tonight. No need for such pessimism.

13. golfdude macrumors regular

Looks like it's not just premier, it's a lot of people who ordered the 6+. I ordered 2 6's, one through premier (128GB) and another through apple (64GB) on Friday afternoon, like 4pm, and both will be here tomorrow. I thought that was pretty good.

14. RyanG macrumors 6502

you don't have to order through the premier store if you're just an IRU aka get a discount. not sure why people haven't figured this out yet.

15. jallenclark macrumors regular

yes you do, when you go to upgrade from att site it always auto directs you to the premier page

16. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

AT&T does not want to support WiFi calling just yet. I believe only T-Mobile does at launch. The rest of the industry is probably looking at ways they can raise revenue before enabling WiFi calling.

17. ToBeFrank macrumors newbie

That's what happened to me. Didn't even know I was ordering through premier until I got the confirmation email.

18. RyanG macrumors 6502

you can order directly from apple, which is exactly what I did and have done in the past. you can pre-order/purchase from any retailer that sells the iphone.

19. Techieman75 macrumors newbie

We treat everyone as a "Premier Customer" now! :)

That's because the Premier status is just GIVEN away. The qualifications just about fit any SMB or plan with a few phones. On top of that the team is very understaffed. I'm sure they will soon create an Elite program soon and everyone will flock to it and it will be good for a year or two.

Good luck!

20. wsuhoops1 macrumors newbie

boo hoo

you have to wait 2 weeks. big deal. 2 entire weeks. get a life ;):)

21. itjw macrumors 65816

LOL @ This!

I too, am a "Premier" status AT&T customer. I acheived this status by showing an agent at a store my business card. Several seconds later, after several keystrokes, I had been entered into this exclusive club.

It wasn't "quite" as hard to get as my Centurion card, but it was close!

It's like Seinfeld used to say about "Limited" editions of cars... it's limited all right, limited to how many they can SELL!

Premier entitles you to nothing. Get a refund for the package. I did. The zero dollar check arrived yesterday.

:p

22. msegina613 macrumors member

Automatic emails in a web development project are typically queued for delivery. The mail system will usually be set to send out X amount of emails every X minutes. If it hasn't reached it maximum it sends right away. If it has, the mails are on hold till the next X minutes.

This helps with 2 problems.

1. If the mail server / servers send to much email at once it may be flagged as a spammer.

2. Allows sender to better handle bandwidth and server performance.

Very typical practice in any application that is meant to send out more than one email every now or then.

23. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

I have a FAN on my AT&T individual responsibility account and had my order in at 3:03am ET, got a online order confirmation number, and my card was charged a holding $1. No email ever came and for the next 5 days I tried chat, and calling regular and Premier support and no one could ever find an order.

I just ordered an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Gray with VZW today and will be porting my line over. And in a few months I will be porting my wifes line over. I had never had an issue preordering iPhones all the years I was on VZW. Like another poster said, I feel like I'm being punished for having a FAN and having to go through Premier.

24. LLL1424 thread starter macrumors 6502

LLL1424

I guarantee that that everyone complaining about how I am wrong to think what I think HAS got tracking information. If you didn't, you would be right here complaining aside me.

Anyways. Crunch time is running out and I have lost hope......sorta. LOL

25. appledamian macrumors newbie

I just got off the phone with them and was told that no matter what time you placed the order, the phone was not held for you until 8am that day. Nice