Premier/Employee Discount will be significant with iPhone in certain situations

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by s0upb0ne, Jul 9, 2008.

1. s0upb0ne macrumors member

In certain situations, it appears, your cost per month may go down with the new iphone.
    With the 3G plans, those of us with preimer/employee discounts can now take get the published discount (confirm by sales reps,and on other sites including this board)

In my situation, I was paying $70 per month for voice, $10 to add my wife's iphone, $40 (20+20) for data, and $20 for unlimited SMS.. 140 bucks

With the new plan, I will select the Familytalk $140 for voice and data, add 20 for Unlimited SMS ...and after the 25% Primer discount and waived activation ...120 bucks

Bill down 20 bucks ...even with the increase in data costs:)

2. johnitto macrumors newbie

I have a question for you,

I am eligible for Premier for 15% off.

I am currently a Tmobile customer.

Could you tell me the best way to get Premier 15% and Iphone?

My wife doesnt care what phone she has.

I was going to get a premier plan for her, with a regular phone with 15% off

Then go to AT&T store and add a iphone 2nd line to her plan for $39.99.

Will that work?

Can she get an individual plan and I add a 2nd line? I am a bit confused.

3. heyp macrumors 6502

i thought the discount was only for voice on the primary line... so in your instance, if you were sharing 700 minutes and had unlimited texts for $30... i think your bill would be somewhere near $145 (60*25% + 9.99 + 30[data iphone 1] + 30[data iphone 2] +30[unlimited texts])... i could be wrong though

4. s0upb0ne thread starter macrumors member

the new Familytalk plans now combine data and voice ...and are not broken down..I was told the whole thing is subject to the FAN discount (two different reps told me this....i have not seen this in writing however)

5. Spiffyis5150 macrumors member

I'm not sure what new FamilyTalk plans you are speaking of unless it's the ones that AT&T listed for the iPhone, but current FamilyTalk plans don't have voice and data combined. They are always seperate features and FAN discounts only apply to the voice part of the service. I've also read/heard that it only applies to the primary line however, I have three lines and got my FAN discount on two of them(now only the primary line because of the current iPhone).