Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
Hi All,

I am working with 2016 15" MBP operating under Mac OS 10.13.2 and using Premier Pro CC 2018 (version 12.0.0 Build (224) and Media Encoder CC 2018 (version 12.0 (Build 202). When I select export from Premier Pro, Media Encoder does not launch as it did in the past.

I have uninstalled both Premier Pro and Media Encoder (deleting preferences) and re-installed both products. Still, Premier Pro fails to launch Media
Encoder.

Can someone steer me in the correct direction as to what to do get these products talking to one another once again.

Sincerely,

Don Barar

Last edited:

jday7757

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
I basically do all my editing on my iMac and I have never had an issue with AME opening automatically when I selected add to queue. So, after reading your post I tried a quick test (I thought it would be quick) on my 2015 MBP. When I tried to add to queue absolutely nothing happened. I then tried to open AME to see if PPro would use it if it was already open and AME wouldn't even open--it kept crashing trying to open. So, I uninstalled AME and reinstalled it and went through the process again. In PPro I tried to add to queue and, one again, nothing happened (AME didn't open). So, then, like before I reinstalled AME, I opened AME manually I was able to export to it. Since that worked, next I closed AME and tried to export from PPro again and this time when I selected to add to queue, AME did open up and worked fine. I'm not sure why it didn't work at first, but now is working fine.

So, if you are still having a problem, I suggest that you open AME and then tried to export to it (add to queue) and see if it does in fact add it to the queue. If it does, you don't need to actually render it; you can delete it from the AME queue. Then close AME and try again to export from PPro and see if it will then open AME. Again, I have no idea why this worked for me, but hope it work for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.