Premier - Ship & Receive Date

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jasonhoutx, Jun 15, 2010.

1. jasonhoutx macrumors newbie

I got through finally on the phone with premier and placed my order. Premier site was off and on all day and never showed the iPhone 4. Anyway got the Order # and billed to business account.

They told me it would ship on the 24th overnight and it still 1st come 1st serve.

So delivery is not the 24th? anyone else being told this?

also shouldn't I be able to see status via premier site with my order number? It wont show up.

2. fuzion macrumors 6502

3. jasperk99 macrumors regular

My order number doesn't work but my credit card was charged so I am optimistic

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

5. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

I got the same info. Looks like we are going to get the phone on the 25th. With what happened today, looks like that might be a good idea anyway.

6. cdd543 macrumors 6502

cdd543

Mine said orders will start being delivered on the 24th.

7. Built macrumors 68020

This proves my contention that Premier accounts are put in a lower-priority status, even though your discount is normally on your plan NOT your phone itself.

I told the Web Support rep that I truly believe that that is the case.

8. chdwil macrumors regular

They told me shipped on 24th for 25th delivery. I ordered at 8 this morning with no problems. Took about five minutes. It may come the 24th but if not it is no big deal. Honestly it is only 1 day.

9. jasonhoutx thread starter macrumors newbie

10. nbuubu macrumors regular

I wouldn't be surprised if we see them shipped on the 22nd or 23rd, and some people even get them in early. When I've ordered from Premier in the past my phones have almost always shipped early.

In the case of the iPhone 4, think about how many they actually have to send out. Got to be one of the busiest shipping days of the year. If ATT has them in stock, I bet they just ship them.

11. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

This would be nice, but I seriously believe that the earliest we would see them would be the 24th. Alot of 3GS purchases stated that this was the case last year as well.

12. jasonhoutx thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't mind waiting a day. It just sux listening to all the other fellow geeks talking about the toy you don't have in your hands and are waiting on.

What will drive me nuts if it ships on Friday the 25th and I have to wait until Monday.

13. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I ordered the 3gs through Premier last year on the 4th day of preorder and it said the same thing it says this year an it came on release date. I think they word it that way to cover their back from the business world in case something goes wrong and they come a day late. I'd day there's a 95% chance that we all get them on the 24th. Do not worry.

14. SaintsMac macrumors 6502a

Sure hope you are right!

15. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I am right. Do not worry. There's no way regular ATT customers get priority over Premier customers. Being a Premier customer is a priviledge and they would not purposely put them last just because they are making a few bucks less a month from them. The way they see it is that offering the Premier status is what got them more customers an they know that the companies could leave ATT for another service provider if they are not happy. Just trust me when I say don't worry, you will get a tracking number and see that it will be shipped on the 23rd. The only way it wouldn't is if Apple grossly underestimated the amount of preorders they would receive.

16. SlvrSrfr macrumors member

Here's the actual language that came in my confirmation email:

Thank you for your purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Pre-orders will be fulfilled beginning June 24, 2010. Orders will ship on a first-come, first-served basis. We will notify you by email when your order ships. Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

As others have posted above, hopefully we will receive them on release day or earlier!

17. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

I am being optimistic and hope that you are right. The PR said we would get it on launch day. From the way it looked, it seems like if you are a premier customer today, as long as you got past the normal AT&T portal, you were OK. Get stuck in the portal, you get to wait for system to work again.

That said it was the only place I could get it delivered to my house so i'm good either day next week. Just think of it, if it bombed this bad today, enterprise IT can't really do much in a week and guarantee success (Needs through testing and deployment), so we are likely to see the system grind to a halt when the normal peeps activate it in store, we will be glad since we won't have it in our hand. It will just work the next day ;)

18. Bitgod macrumors regular

Bitgod

"We’ve been able to confirm with multiple sources that all of all of the AT&T pre-order iPhones have been spoken for. Anyone who placed an order after 1:30pm Pacific can expect to get their iPhone 4 between June 25th and July 5th." http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010...n=Feed:+TheBoyGeniusReport+(Boy+Genius+Report

So were you before or after 130p? :)