Premier Users .... Activate Online!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzion, Jun 23, 2010.

1. fuzion macrumors 6502

I waited for like 20 minutes.. then decided to use the activation link online.. Did that, took about 20 seconds, rebooted phone, 100% activated now.

In your original order confirmation email there is a link to activate online.. Follow that link, then from your phone go to settings > general > about & enter the IMEI/SIM (ICCID)

:)

2. Kenal0 macrumors regular

Glad that is working. Thanks for the info.

Kenal0

3. fuzion thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes it solves the "great I have a new phone I can't use" frustration pretty quick ;)

4. cherrygirlunmei macrumors member

Thanks for the post! I'm glad this is easier to do than activating it through iTunes.

5. snapper2323 macrumors member

snapper2323

Yeah, I did the same. It said pending but like three minutes later I got an email saying it was activated. I then connected to itunes and it was done.

6. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

I called the number and it killed my old phone. I hooked it up to iTunes and activated no problem. Took me like 3 minutes.

7. hazeydavey macrumors regular

What if you ordered 2 phones in error, (1 apple, 1 premier) but the one from apple comes first? Should you still use that activation on that link and return the other phone to ATT?

Only need 1...and don't need to fork over $299 twice, or make money on ebay etc

8. ScKcBc macrumors regular

Does this only work if you ordered through ATT? I found the link to activate but when it asks for my order #, it doesn't work if I use the Apple order #. Would this give me the ability to activate it without itunes?

9. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

10. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

Yes, only for AT&T customers.

11. kappsdev macrumors newbie

12. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

10/10 for great info

but you lose 11 million points for not listing the activation link ;)

13. Apple II macrumors newbie

The IMEI and SIM number are also on the back of the box.

I activated this way as well and it worked immediately.

The link is customized for each order in your confirmation email; the link above will also work as a general one.

14. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

ah .... custom. I didn't see one (but I ordered thru Apple)

15. kappsdev macrumors newbie

Hmm...none of the e-mails I got ever had an activation link in them...just instructions on how to activate by calling. :(

16. ScKcBc macrumors regular

What?!?! Thats BS. I'm still an ATT customer, I just didn't order through their site because they suck and couldn't handle traffic. Apple's site worked for me instead.

Well regardless, does this circumvent the need to connect to itunes? Or do I still need to do that? Because if so, it does nothing for me because I wont be home until later tonight anyway.

17. fuzion thread starter macrumors 6502

If you ordered through premier there is a link in the original confirmation email when you placed the order

18. vespagirl macrumors regular

vespagirl

Ditto. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was.

Good luck to everyone else activating - I hope every new iP4 owner has a pleasant experience.

For those acquiring theirs on launch day tomorrow, best of luck as well. :)

19. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Question: For those of you who ordered through AT&T Premier and actually RECEIVED your iPhone 4 already, did your FedEx tracking number have any sort of reference number as well? I'm just curious what that number format might be (phone number? address? order ID?) since I have not yet received an actual tracking number. Thanks!

20. kappsdev macrumors newbie

What is the subject of the e-mail? I only got these two and neither have an activation link.

"AT&T Premier Order Received"
    "AT&T Premier Order Shipment Notification"

21. fuzion thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes but the reference number makes no sense...

Here is one example of a reference number I have: K008.O.8251169 E CNG A

You would be looking for 'AT&T Premier Order Received'

22. Nennilj macrumors newbie

mine was in the "AT&T Premier Order Received" email

23. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

I'm so bitter and jealous of you guys. I hammered the Premier side on the 15th but could never get in. Now AT&T's epic fail rolls on with this 'Out of Stock' BS on the site day after day.

Just take my frickin' order and let me in line for the next batch already. Or better yet - let me use my reservation for tomorrow at the Apple store on my Premier account! I hate that my 16yr old is getting the first one in the family :p

24. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

So do you have to plug into iTunes at all? I'm at work and mine has arrived but I've left it in the mail room since I assumed I couldn't do anythign with it until it was plugged into iTunes.

25. fuzion thread starter macrumors 6502

You'll still have to plug into itunes but you wont have to wait 18357813 minutes for activation