Premiere CC - Clip load on timeline issue

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by needfx, Aug 19, 2014.

1. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

Hi all,

Has anyone encountered the issue where you drag a clip from your project to drop it on the timeline and you get a hand with a no-entry sign? If you pull downward on the audio track, only audio is loaded.

I've googled it of course, and even found a thread on creative cow. No one had an actual solution other than drag the clip on the new sequence button, which creates the sequence, and then cut-paste it to the actual timeline. Even if I try to load another clip on the new timeline, I get the same error/bug. I've been using Pr CC for a few months now, on two different PCs, have never come across it. Even with older versions as far back as Premiere 6.0

Of course I've tried turning it off and on again (app & computer), but I haven't gone as far as reinstalling it as I am working on a project now. Fortunately for me, this came up towards the end of clip selection/loading, so the workaround was very helpful.

Sequence/clip parameters are definitely not the issue, since I was already working on it for 5+ days.

any ideas would be highly appreciated. I'll post a screenshot tomorrow.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/944828

2. fireman32 macrumors 6502a

I had the same issue. Click on V1 on the timeline to make sure it's highlighted. If it's not highlighted it will not accept the video clip.

3. needfx thread starter macrumors 68040

needfx

thanks but it wasn't clip selection/highlight. I tried to screenshot the issue, but mouse pointer does not appear on that. I need to get my camera to that computer to showcase it.

cheers