Premiere Elements puts watermark on video !? help ...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by schauma, May 2, 2014.

1. schauma macrumors newbie

hi,

did a little project with Premiere Elements for the 1st time today, and it all went fine till i exported the video and found that there is a sort of semi-transparent play button in the top right corner of the exported clip, like a watermark.

it is also showing in the preview window, but didn't think anything of it until i exported and found it was actually rendered into the video.

opened a brand new project & imported a different video into premiere too - same thing, that logo type of thing in the top right corner.

anyone an idea how to get rid of that ??

thanks in advance,
    schauma

2. schauma thread starter macrumors newbie

Premiere Elements - watermark

does premiere think it is running as trial, is that why it puts a watermark in the top right corner ?

i own a box version of premiere elements 11, but had to download the program from adobe's website since my powerbook has no dvd drive.
    it accepted my serial number fine, but maybe the problem comes from that it's downloaded ?

opened the same project on a different laptop and it worked fine, no watermark.

3. CosmoFox macrumors regular

Sounds like Adobe doesn't recognize it as registered. Try backing up your project and reinstalling the app.

4. schauma thread starter macrumors newbie

oh i see - it seems to be a windows media logo !
    the source file is a .wmv ...
    and that logo shows in imovie too !
    doesn't show in vlc or quicktime player tho.
    will have to make the vid on a pc then ...
    too stupid.

would still love to hear whether there's a way to get rid of that !

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Are you using the Flip4Mac components? You need a non-free version to transcode without getting the logo. It's been several years since I bought it but I think it's only $10-15.

6. schauma thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, that must be where it comes from.

thanks for the replies.