Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 26, 2002
Anyone know what the last version was that ran on OSX?
Anyone her running it on an intel iMac?
Trying to find a quick and dirty solution (other than iMovie) with my recently ordered intel iMac.
Thanks!

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
I have Premiere 6.5, I believe that was the last version. But I lack an intel mac. I'm sure it does because it runs on a 400Mhz G3.

THough I must warn you that the last version did have some Quicktime syncing issues with captured video, so I had to capture video through iMovie. This was in OSX.

colocolo

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2002
Santiago, Chile
mBox said:
Trying to find a quick and dirty solution (other than iMovie)

May I ask what is wrong with iMovie or FCP for that matter, that you need Premiere? Not being a zealot, just curious to know why would you need Premiere over FCP.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 26, 2002
colocolo said:
May I ask what is wrong with iMovie or FCP for that matter, that you need Premiere? Not being a zealot, just curious to know why would you need Premiere over FCP.
well iMovie is a far cry from FCP (which I use at work).
FCP is not running on the intel iMac for another 2 months :(

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
They dont support Premiere anymore.

And for good reason, the way it functions is nothing like how "professional" tools work, with transitions and layers etc.

But they do support After Effects because hands down it is the best for layered video editing, but certianly NOT for editing because its not non linear in that way.

Premier sucked.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 26, 2002
Sdashiki said:
They dont support Premiere anymore.

And for good reason, the way it functions is nothing like how "professional" tools work, with transitions and layers etc.

But they do support After Effects because hands down it is the best for layered video editing, but certianly NOT for editing because its not non linear in that way.

Premier sucked.
I only mentioned Premiere cause I still have an older copy that I could upgrade to 6.5.
I can wait till Universal Binaries are done, I guess.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 26, 2002
Sdashiki said:
When the UB of FCP etc come out, youll hop on board then, eh?
No need to hop on board.
I use FCP Studio at work.
My personal copy of FCP3 is still on my G4 QS 933.
I didnt want to upgrade due to the recent changes at Apple :)

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2003
mi
mBox said:
No need to hop on board.
I use FCP Studio at work.
My personal copy of FCP3 is still on my G4 QS 933.
I didnt want to upgrade due to the recent changes at Apple :)

what kind of changes?

anyway, with the crossgrade program (or whatever it's called), I think it's only 300 bucks to upgrade from FCP3 to FC studio.

oh, never mind. Just checked and it's 699 from version 3 to 5. Version 4 would have been 200. So it goes...

mBox

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 26, 2002
mkaake said:
what kind of changes?

anyway, with the crossgrade program (or whatever it's called), I think it's only 300 bucks to upgrade from FCP3 to FC studio.

oh, never mind. Just checked and it's 699 from version 3 to 5. Version 4 would have been 200. So it goes...

The changes are hardware. Im fine with FCP3 on that G4 box.
I figured Id wait till the new intel boxes are out to upgrade that copy to Studio.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.