Premiere Pro CC Export Freeze/ PNG Images/ New MP

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Switchfoot, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Switchfoot macrumors member

Hi all! NMP, 8 core, 32gb, d700.

Got a weird problem, the first thing that's managed to bring my NMP to a grinding halt. (Complete freeze- had to hold the power button and restart).

I have a 2 minute video in Premiere CC, parts of which have PNGs with subtitles overlaid on certain clips (4 or 5 total). Now, when I go to export it (H264 or Quicktime, Export settings don't matter), it'll always freeze at about 40-42%. Just completely locks up, spinning beach ball, and I have to hold the power button. Force quit doesn't work, nothing will respond.

The only workaround I've found (and this is after 4-5 restarts), is to delete the PNGs, export the movie (I do a low quality, android preset or something like that, so that it's done in a few seconds), then hit Command-Z to bring the subtitles back and reexport at whatever quality I want. And it goes through just fine.

I really can't wrap my head around it- has anyone experienced anything similar with PNGs? Just seems strange that it will work, but only right after an export with the PNGs removed.

2. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Are using the Mercury Playback Engine? Or software only?

3. Switchfoot thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply! I am using the Mercury Playback Engine. I thought that was how the new CC utilizes the D700s?

4. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement

The PNG files are in CKMY or another bit depth than the 8bit files your camera is using.
    this has happened to me before.

I have also had success in taking the whole timeline and then copy/paste it into a new one and BANG. it works. so silly.

5. Switchfoot thread starter macrumors member

Ah!

That makes sense- thanks for the explanation! I thought I was going crazy.

6. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement