Premiere Pro CS5 audio sync problem

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by mjccox, May 11, 2010.

1. mjccox macrumors newbie

I am using Premiere Pro CS5 on OSX 10.6.3.
    I just updated from CS4 and I'm not sure if it's the new version or if it's another problem. Anyway hopefully someone out there can give me a hand with this.

I have been making a sort of highlight reel from multiple sport videos to use as a teaching tool. I did not capture the videos myself. It was all going good until I updated. Now whenever I import a new video, wait for it to conform, then play it the audio is out of sync with the video.

It gets worse as the video goes on. Which leads me to believe that the video is playing faster that the audio. This occurs through any facet of premiere. If i simply open the video in the source monitor it does it. Or if I import it it does the same thing. This happens with all the videos I've tried. (mpg or mov). It starts properly. But the audio slowly starts getting out of sync within a couple minutes you can really see the difference. With a 2 hour clip that I want to use the audio will be out of sync by a couple of minutes toward the end.

I don'it think the problem is with the videos since when I play them with an external video player (VLC) they are just fine.

If there is any more information that you need let me know and I'll try to find it. It might help if you let me know where to find the information you might need to help me... :confused:

Would really appreciate it. Thanks

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

They do have phone support. Free too.

800-833-6687
    Technical help: Monday–Friday, 5am–7pm PST
    Customer service: 7 days a week, 5am–7pm PST

3. mjccox thread starter macrumors newbie

phone support is a no go ... i'm currently living in china where support is pretty much non-existant

if there's somewhere else i should go to ask my question i'd be happy to try whatever or wherever.

4. rkloek macrumors newbie

rkloek

Premiere Pro CS5 audio sync problem

Hi there,

Be sure that you're running Premiere as a Administrator and/or try to use the audio-output only instead of input/output (see: Preferences -> Audio Hardware -> Default DEvice -> Built-in Output

5. wonderspark macrumors 68040

wonderspark

Perhaps your project is set for 48kHz, but your clip audio is 44.1kHz, or something other than the project's setting?

Check properties of clip(s) and compare to project settings.

6. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Got a small tip for anyone who's thinking about upgrading... I learnt the hard way.

NEVER UPDATE ANY APPLICATION YOU ARE USING, especially whilst you have active projects.
    If you want to test new versions of the software, install them on a machine you're not using.