Premium and Luxury Accessories

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Josh Kahane, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Josh Kahane macrumors 6502

Hey

Everyone loves to have the smartest, slickest, most premium and luxury accessories for their Apple products when possible, so I thought I'd ask;

What do accessories and companies out there which you absolutely love and would give them the Luxury/Premium stamp of approval? This way everyone can learn of new bits to buy!

I'll compile a list here in the original post so everyone can see peoples recommendations.

I'll start off with two companies:

- TwelveSouth: They make accessories only for Apple products and they all fit the bill for me, sleek and practical, they are a winner.

- Colcasac: They make wonderful hand-made sleeves and bags which I can highly recommend as I own one for my Macbook Air, iPhone and iPad and they have super customer service.

2. eric/ Guest

eric/

I checked out the Colcsaac site. I like that they are using organic materials, and the stuff looks decent. $40 isn't too bad for a macbook sleeve.

I don't use a sleeve or anything though, so meh.

3. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I don't really think either of those two companies offer real "luxury" products.

If you are thinking macbook accessories, I would say vaja, or knomo or something along those lines.

4. snberk103 macrumors 603

Ummm..... no. I use my Macs to get work done. They are tools. They get banged up, but so what? As long as I protect them from internal damage, I don't really care what they look like. I run them into the ground until they die.

Perhaps you could change your initial question to "Some of us love to have..."

5. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

That's semantics really.

The OP just wanted to get the thread going, not to offend or incite reaction.

6. snberk103 macrumors 603

I would disagree... the Original Post (not necessarily the Poster) starts with assumption that all Mac owners have more money than sense, that we only own our Macs as a way to conspicuously show our wealth. I use mine for work...

7. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

The point is the OP wanted to find out about luxury/premium items. Gosh so nit picky. Really, who cares. He just wants to discuss nice accessories for his set up.

Dial it down man.

8. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Oh what a friendly conversational world we've come to live in :confused:, really if you've got nothing nice to say why bother posting ... lotta people living under black clouds I guess .....

Anyway, I think you can get Gucci and LV iPhone and iPad accessories, quite a variety of high end bags out there. There's a photo on the net if you search, some musician, can't recall the name, had a MacBook Air plated in gold.

Other than a good quality bag and case I personally don't think they need much 'dressing up' ... not only are Apple's products functional they really got the design right too!

9. snberk103 macrumors 603

Fair enough.... I apologize..... me and my grumpy boots will fade away....

10. Ves macrumors member

Ves

The BookBook for the iPhone looks nice. Definitely getting that if I sell opt for a iPhone 4S, thought chances are slim.

I got the BookArc. Handy to use. If I bump into something fancy I'll post it here.

11. lannisters4life macrumors 6502

12. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I'll get massively down voted for this but I consider "Bose" to be a premium/luxury brand.

I find the sound quality and build quality to be perfect.

Lots of people have personal issues with Bose though which I don't get. hey ho.

13. lannisters4life macrumors 6502

I think it happens when malicious audio nuts force you to compare what you thought were great Bose speakers to their studio monitors of equal value, and the experience stays fresh in your mind forever.