Preorder a day before launch date or...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bryxcore, Sep 13, 2012.

1. bryxcore macrumors newbie

Hi. I need opinion from this forum users. I won't be able to get an iPhone 5 till next week (September 20th). Which one would should I do? Should I preorder it the day before the launch date and probably get it a week or 2 later, or, go to my nearest att stores and see if they still have it on September 21st (and maybe keep going back for the next couple of days 22/23)

Thanks guys.

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Go to the store. Forget any preorder. I got my 4s by walking into the ATT store on release day that evening. No wait. That had plenty in stock. All indications are there will be plenty this year.

3. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Preorder will likely be sold out within hours and will likely be extended to 1-2 weeks. It will be much easier to order and wait the extra week. Apple stores will be a feeding frenzy and will be likely sold out on launch day within hours.

Obviously some stores will always have them in stock, it all depends on where you live. NYC is crazy anytime an apple product is released.

4. bryxcore thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I think I'll try the stores first, and if they still dont have it in stock after 2-3 days, then i'll just order it online.