PreOrder Apple.com AT&T iPhone 4S isn't activating, easy way to get eligibility back?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Whorehay, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

I pre-ordered two AT&T iPhones, one that had no issues with activating, but mine just won't activate on iTunes or OTA. The error message on iTunes is "Your request could not be processed."

I've taken the bad iPhone to the AT&T store. They've switched out the SIMs, they've applied the IMEI and SIM Card numbers manually to the account, etc. None of those worked, so they sent me off to Apple.

Went to the Apple Store, they had some AT&T guys there try to activate it, they couldn't either. The Apple Store guys were nice about it, but told me I had to either exchange it with a "refurbished, non-retail" iPhone or return it online. I don't know about you, but I'm not getting a non-retail version a day after the phone comes out, but waiting 21 days for an online phone seems excessive.

So the Apple Store guys also said when I return it online, the upgrade eligibility is applied almost immediately after the return is initiated, and I could then pick one up in store and return the defective iPhone on Monday. This sounds like a decent plan, but it almost seems too good to be true.

Anyone have any suggestions as to the best course of action? I'm aiming to get a usable, activated phone by tomorrow (Sunday).

2. dr.devious macrumors regular

dr.devious

Having a very similar issue with one of my preordered phones... I will never preorder an iPhone ever again. No good options.