Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BGBUXA

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2012
In light of the latest offerings of the latest iPhone, who will you preorder through Apple or your carrier?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
IF and if I were to pre-order (however I don't plan on getting this year's model), I will always get it from Apple. In the past I always have gotten through Apple, with the exception of 7 Plus, since I signed up to get the $650 trade in credit at the Verizon store.

Reactions: rui no onna

titrau

Suspended
Aug 16, 2017
i go with apple ...

ATT limit stock and last time delay 30 days for most customer-

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
To build on what others have said, if you're worried about ordering ASAP before stocks dwindle - it's a popular belief that order through the Apple Store app ensures the best chance of snagging the phone during crunch time.

dominiongamma

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2014
Phoenix. AZ
Carrier just because Apple won't allow me to do T-Mobile through the app. Only allows full retail price. No one could explain why I can't do EIP through the Apple app with T-Mobile, but with the other carriers you can.

Last edited:

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
If you have the option, best to go with Apple. Also, use the Apple Store app on your iPad or iPhone. That seems to get through easier than normal web browser.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.