Preorder at AT&T store and picking up at AT&T store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lhfan04, Oct 8, 2011.

1. lhfan04 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I was wondering when you would think would be a good time to do this, I already got my preorder at a AT&T store, would it be best to go early or do you think it would be better to go at a later time and pick up the preorder?

2. MattLafferty macrumors member

MattLafferty

I'd imagine as close to mid-day as your schedule allows. That way the early birds have been dealt with, and those coming after work aren't there yet.

Out of curiosity, does AT&T give you the option of them shipping it to your home/work?

3. lhfan04 thread starter macrumors newbie

They allow to ship to home, but I decided to just pick it up since they said that if it ships it may come on Monday.

4. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Early is usually terrible on release day. After work isn't much better though it is probably The only time for most people

5. lhfan04 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well what I am wondering now is that will AT&T split up the lines from people that pre-ordered and walk-in customers? I would think if I showed up at opening I should be able to bypass the walk in customers and just get my phone, right?

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

On the last release day, there were threads here about some AT&T stores doing just that while other AT&T stores were a disaster splitting the lines up.

Nobody will really know until the morning, imo