Preorder Deliveries

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by helicopter96, Mar 26, 2015.

1. helicopter96 macrumors member

I'll be staying up to preorder the Apple Watch on the 10th, and I just had a few questions.
    1. Does the preorder site go live at midnight PST exactly?
    2. How quickly do I have to preorder my watch for the quickest delivery?(i.e. If I wait 5 minutes after the site opens, will I be waiting an extra week for my watch?)
    Thanks in advance!

2. hemolyzer macrumors member

It'll be midnight pacific time. So for me, for example, preorders will go live at 2am.

Also, while I don't think Apple Watches will sell as quickly as the iPhone 6 did, I still plan on doing what I did to get my 6 and mashing refresh on the Apple Store right at 2am until I get one. (Or using the Apple Store app, I hear that's better)

3. Sharkey311 Suspended

App Store App is definitely the faster/better choice to pre-order new Apple devices. I shall be doing this.

4. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

1. It's never precise - but it's extremely unlikely to be early. (I won't swear it's never been even a second early, but I don't think so)

2. No way to be sure. Even with mature products like Macs, iPhones and iPads you can't be sure, but in this case there's no way of knowing how strong the demand is and how good the initial supply is.

On the Apple store site you can save the model you want so it will be preloaded in your cart.

5. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

The first day of delivery is a lot of fun for me. They get them on the east coast hours before we get them in Hawaii so I get really fired up with unboxing videos. THIS is going to be the best in a long time because no one cares about unboxing an iPhone now. THIS one is going to be special.

PS: Remember the idiot on TV who ran out of an Apple Store with the first purchase (I think the 6+) and DROPPED IT?

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

There was one instance (unfortunately I can't remember when this was, but it was an iPhone or iPad) where the preorders came online a few minutes early, so that I had already placed my order and was back in bed by 3AM Eastern time.

7. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

I was going to use a couple Apple Store gift cards to help pay for the watch, but unfortunately you can't pay with gift cards in the Apple Store app. So I think I'll just buy the watch in the app and use the gift cards to buy Bluetooth earbuds or a sports band.

8. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Yup - I figured that if I said it never comes up early someone would prove me wrong so I hedged my bets. ;)

Another thing that happened, notably during the iPhone 6 launch, was it being up for some people while others couldn't get in, or working on some browsers and not others, and especially working on the iPhone Apple Store app, but not on Macs.

9. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

The 6/6 plus preorders were weird. I kept showing just space gray availability so I gave up and ordered space gray. Went to bed, woke at 9am eastern time, and discovered that they had stock of the silver. Canceled the space gray and ordered the silver. Still took delivery on launch day.

10. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

It took me an hour after 12:01am PST to actually get in and Pre-Order the iPhone 6, so I expect the same this year for launches. Hopefully Apple's servers hold up... but we say that every year.

11. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

Which is exactly why I'll schedule a 15-minute appointment at the Apple Store and get a watch the easy, less stressful way.

I'll also schedule it in the middle of the day with less crowds, and just take a break of an hour or hour and a half from work to get there and back.

12. gzigoris macrumors member

gzigoris

Preorder Online

With all the videos that Apple has online and information available before preorder I have made up my mind which watch is for me. I don't like flashy so it's Black Stainless Steel. Since there is no choice of bands with this watch I will wait till the rubber bands are available and order a Black sport band.

Like normal I will wake up at 6:00 in the morning and put my order in. Hopefully It will arrive on the 24th but if not then soon after.

The only sold out you will see is at an Apple Store. Online sales will either be on the 24th or then soon after.

If you are going to the Apple store on April 10th to try on watches is it your intension to then preorder a watch or wait till the Apple store gets a shipment?

Seems like everyone else I am excited about this new apple product and it making my life so much easier. Can't wait to feel it on my wrist.

13. Trickhot3102 macrumors 6502

Trickhot3102

Stupid question, will we have to keep refreshing the app or will the preorder button just show up? Be refreshing I mean closing out the app and opening it again

14. Mr.C macrumors 601

Contrary to what others might say it's all pure guess work as no one knows what Apple's plans are and whether they will coincide in all regions around the world where the watch will initially be available for preorder. No one knows also how quick you will need to be. Best thing to do is to keep an eye out on these forums from the night of the 9th as well as the online store and/or the store app. You know when the store goes down it's likely because they preparing to put the preorders up. Also certain model and band combinations will sell out faster then others. Again there is no knowing which ones.

15. GmDude66 macrumors 6502

If it's anything like past pre-orders, get on right at 12 PST, because after that, the site will crash. :mad:

16. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Typically this happens to the app a while before, and then it refreshes on its own to show the preorder, although you can force it to refresh more often by closing and opening the app if I recall correctly.

Attached Files:

17. Trickhot3102 macrumors 6502

Trickhot3102

Thanks! :apple:

18. walshy1009 macrumors regular

walshy1009

That screen gets me so excited.