Preorder iPhone 4S through Verizon or Apple? Faster shipping times?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by autigers1101, Oct 5, 2011.

1. autigers1101 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I've looked through a few pages and I can't seem to find an answer. I know that the preorder will be available Friday on the Apple Store at 12:00AM PST, 2:00AM CT. From what I remember about the free shipping through Apple in the past, it isn't overnight or 2 day, but it is standard shipping. Is this still the case with the preordered iPhones?

Also, I assume I can preorder from Verizonwireless.com as well. In the past I also remember that they do overnight shipping. I would prefer to buy from the Apple Store but it seems as if ordering from Verizon would get it to me on launch day or the day after.

Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks!

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I did it through AT&T last year. Came through FedEx on launch day at 11AM. If they won't be able to ship it to you by launch day, they may refund your order if you choose to cancel it.

3. LagFighter macrumors regular

Ordered my iPhone 4 from AT&T last year. I was shocked when it actually shipped to my home the afternoon before launch day. That was a fun evening...

That said, I would take it a day later from Apple directly just to avoid the circus of AT&T's website the day of the pre-order. What a nightmare. That ruined my day last year; it was that bad.

4. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

The problem last year was with AT&T's verification server. Even if you ordered at apple.com, the orders still had to be verified by AT&T's system (upgrade eligibility, account info, etc). Both sites had many loading errors and outages.

5. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

I've never ordered from online, only reserved to pickup at Apple Store.

If I preorder through Apple.com or AT&T to be delivered, does it get to my house on launch day? Or does that depend on the shipping method I choose?

6. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

It will show up on launch day next Friday

7. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

Fantastic. Thank you.