Preorder iPhone 7 using upgrade program?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rbf1138, Sep 5, 2016.

1. rbf1138, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016

rbf1138 macrumors 6502

I've always bought my iPhones at full price, without a contract. My plan is to trade my 6S into Gazelle this year, after I get the 7. My question is, should it be possible for me to enroll into the iPhone Upgrade Program when I go to preorder the 7 via Apple? That way I get the 7 at launch, pay $36 a month, can upgrade to the next iPhone next year by continuing in the upgrade program, and using the trade-in money from the 6S to put towards those monthly payments.

This shouldn't require me to make any changes to my Verizon plan, as my phone was bought in full, correct? Does that all sound right?

2. rbf1138 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

Oh look ANOTHER Upgrade plan thread... But to answer your question, yes that all sounds right

4. inboxer macrumors regular

Where can I find Apple's trade-in program pricing with or without the upgrade program? I had locked in my quote to sell my iPhone 6s and Apple Watch to BuyBackWorld. I'm not sure if I would net ahead by using the Apple upgrade program instead. I always buy Verizon iPhones without a contract since I'm on a grandfathered unlimited data plan