Preorder iPhone X through carrier when they open in the morning?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Applenoob34, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Applenoob34 macrumors 6502

So my phone is on my wife’s business account and the last phone I got on launch day was the 6 plus. To do this I waited in line at a local ATT store because, being on a business account, it created issues with billing when pre ordering.

To my point....

Has anyone pre ordered when the ATT store opens and gotten it on launch day? I realize that they wouldn’t get my order in until around 7 or so hours after the Apple store offered it for sale. I’m wondering if Apple sets a certain number aside for each carrier or they all come from the same stock when pre ordering.

2. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

I worked for corporate AT&T when the 6 came out. It was a huge launch. When we opened in the morning for pre orders for the iPhone 6, the wait was already 3-4 weeks for every model.
    I know that doesn’t directly answer your question, but it’s a perfect example of what you might expect by pre ordering through the carrier store when they open in the morning.

3. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

There's already a line, if you're not reading this post while waiting in line then it's already too late.

4. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

The carriers start taking preorders at midnight, same as Apple, at least T-Mobile did with the iPhone 7. I don’t think you would get one if you waited until the next day.

5. Mr.Bigglesworth macrumors regular

Mr.Bigglesworth

No. Apple doesn’t favor anyone.

It’s the same for everyone. 12:01AM PCT.

6. Applenoob34 thread starter macrumors 6502

This answers my question perfectly. I guess I’ll try and preorder through ATT while waiting in line at my local store to see if I can grab one on launch day. I managed to be one of 6 that were able to get the 6 plus on launch day. Maybe I’ll get lucky again lol.