Preorder is shipped, but I still have my "reservation"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Boomer85, Jun 22, 2010.

  1. Boomer85 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2007
    #1
    Question - my "reservation" to pickup at an apple store went through before my 1,000,000th attempt at a preorder on the 15th. My preorder is in route, but I still have my "reservation". I'm wondering, since even during the reservation they checked AT&T eligibility, will I even be able to get the 2nd "reserved" phone if I go and camp out on release day? Is it tied to my cell account somehow, or is it simply hardware at that point?

    If I'm allowed to buy the reserved one, can I leave the apple store with it as is (sealed package) or will I be forced to activiate right there?

    Thanks!
     
  2. jap1198 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2009
    Location:
    Dallas, TX
    #2
    If you only plan on using one then you should cancel your reservation so someone else can have a chance at getting it.

    But normally you can't leave the Apple Store without activating the phone first.
     
  3. S1njin macrumors 6502a

    S1njin

    Joined:
    May 3, 2010
    Location:
    NJ
    #3
    Cancel the reserve. Give somebody else a shot.
     
  4. matticus008 macrumors 68040

    matticus008

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2005
    Location:
    Bay Area, CA
    #4
    Not without activating a second line of service, no. They're not going to hand you a $600 device for $200 until you start a contract with AT&T.
    Only if you pay the full $599/699 for it.
     
  5. Boomer85 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2007
    #5
    Thanks for the feedback...I guess I'm going to hold the reserve until late in the day tomorrow (23rd). I'm just so nervous that even though my tracking says it's on its way...I've been hearing that some of the FedEx info isn't totally accurate. If after tomorrow it still states all is well, then I'll forego my reserve.

    Thanks!
     
  6. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2010
    #6
    If it's already shipped already why not just cancel? You can't keep both and it would be annoying to have to return one. So why not cancel the reservation now? The absolute worst case it would show up on the 25th?

    You're being just a smidge bit neurotic; no?
     
  7. nparmelee macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2008
    #7
    If you pre-ordered through Apple, then check your upgrade status with AT&T as it has likely already been changed to the future so your reservation is now useless unless you want to pay full price.
     
  8. Alex Hobbs macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2009
    #8
    Also, not sure what it is like in the US, but over here you do not need to camp out for a reserved phone. Confirmed on the Apple website, I also rang up my local store and checked all the emails. All of them said that you can turn up at whatever time you want Thursday and your phone will be waiting
     

Share This Page