Preorder online then return via Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wvphysics, Jul 7, 2010.

1. wvphysics macrumors regular

Anyone here preorder online and then return or exchange at a brick and mortar apple store due to one of the many issues that apple has yet to fix? Some are saying online purchases are online returns only. Seems liek an unsual policy given all the other companys that allow you to return onine purchases at a store.

2. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

You will have to speak with a manager. I retuned my iPhone 4 yesterday. Puchased online. I need to pack and pay shipping back to Apple. My local store in LA do not accept online iPhone returns.

3. fluffyx macrumors 6502

Apple's point-of-sale system, combined with the fact that the iPhone is a "special" product that is activated when sold, makes it impossible to return an iPhone to the Apple Retail Store unless it was purchased from an Apple Retail Store.

Even the nicest managers cannot make their system do this. It is impossible.

4. mhdena macrumors 6502

I can't think of any other company in America that if you buy something online you can't return it to their B&M store.:eek: If they won't take it back the least they can do is give a return shipping label :mad: