Preorder Price?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidpace, Jun 10, 2010.

1. davidpace macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm a first time iPhone buyer and I'm sorry if this has already been addressed but is there a cost to preorder the new iPhone? Like when I actually go to the Apple or At&t website on June 15th to preorder, will I have to put money down? Thanks in advance. :confused:

2. bat95132 macrumors member

You will enter a credit card and it will charge you when the phone ships. June 21st give or take. May preauthorize the charges on the 15th.

3. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

+1

4. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I have a question in addition. What happens when they pre-authorize your card? Like if the money is not "released" before it ships, does it go through with the pre-authorization hold or does it charge you again (so you need double the amount on the card)?

5. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

I think they just pre authorize for $1 and when it ships, they charge you for the total invoice.

6. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Thank you for your answer.

I think that is stupid. Just because there is one dollar on the card to pre-authorize it does not mean that there is enough for the whole balance.

I remember on vacation last year, th hotel I stayed at screwed ussince we paid in full when we checked in, but as we checked-out, they pre-authorized our card for the full amount when though we did not owe anything. I was majorly pissed.