Preorder remorses....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MNR, Sep 10, 2016.

1. MNR macrumors regular

I have never been so undecided since my iPhone 7 preorder!

I currently have an iPhone 6 64go.
    Friday morning I did preorder an iPhone 7+ 32Go on T-Mobile for those reasons :
    - better screen
    - better battery life (well at this stage anything can only be better than my current iPhone 6..)
    - better photo camera.
    - those little software improvement compared to the non plus version.

I also choosed to downsize from the 64 to the 32Go since I'm currently only using 30Go without "cleaning" or deleting pictures over the last 2 years.

But now I'm having huge remorses and doubts about my choice. I will keep this iPhone on the long term, probably 2 years like my iPhone 6.
    What if the iPhone 7 plus feels too big for for my "everyday" life? Plus with a case the size will increase too ...
    What if 32go would not be enough ...
    the idea of cancelling my order and reorder an iPhone 7 128Go is really crossing my mind. I'm I the only one in this situation completely undecided ?

2. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

Just go to the store and hold the 6S Plus. It's pretty much the exact same size as the 7 Plus I believe. You'll probably find that it's a big step up in size, which a lot of people don't like.

As for space, it seems to make sense to go for 128 just so you don't have to constantly clean out your phone. Then again, if you use icloud Photos library or some other photo syncing service in the cloud, space shouldn't be an issue.

3. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

you can return/exchange the phone after you receive it, so should be no big deal if you do not like it.

4. Jnyce macrumors regular

Was very confused with the term "32go" for a spell.

5. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

It means "gobytes", it's a term used for really fast memory. Or something like that, I'm sure.

6. daymouse macrumors regular

I was similar however currently got 16gb 6 using 16gb total between phone and iCloud.

So I know the 32gb is big enough for my needs however I was tempted by the 7+ but then thought to myself I would rather put the extra £100 it would cost for the 7+ and instead of the 7 and pick up a cheap iPad mini 2 which would mainly be for a bit of Lightroom editing on the go and movies etc when on holiday.

7. MNR thread starter macrumors regular

Well, my mistake ;)
    Go is from my French maternal language.... Go means gigaoctet equivalent of GB in English.

8. IUBall22 macrumors 6502

Even if you don't use all the space now, doesn't mean you eventually won't.

Think about the pictures/videos you still haven't taken. And future apps, which seem to keep growing in file size. Better to have too much space than not enough.

9. Jnyce macrumors regular

I figured that what it was, one of my students who is French said the same thing before when describing his computer he built.