Preorder Rush

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ahdickter, Oct 4, 2011.

1. ahdickter macrumors 6502

Anyone know what hour (usually) the iPhones go up for preorder? I don't wanna wake up at 6am and they're all gone.....

2. troop231 macrumors 603

12am pst

3. christyn macrumors 6502a

4. ndriver182 macrumors 6502a

To be honest, I don't think you'll have to worry about it much. Just my opinion. This is not a dig by any means. Myself, I wouldn't mind upgrading my IP4 to the IP4S except that I'm not eligible for a discounted upgrade for a while. I wouldn't mind having the upgraded camera and option for 64gb of storage space. I just don't imagine a massive rush for this one.

5. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

12:01am PST is the official time.

If you consider this any indication, the iPad 2 went for presale sometime in the early hours of the day last March. Things went smoothly for the first few hours, but by sunrise backorders starting showing up. And they just kept increasing.

It's hard to say about last year's iPhone 4 launch because there were massive problems with the AT&T system, and dozens different issues popped up and persisted throughout the day.

But what about 3GS users and the ones before, iPhone 4 users who are eligible for upgrades, non-iPhone users, and those who just want a new phone?

Like it or not, eligible or not, there will be plenty of people buying this phone.

6. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if there will be much of a "rush" in respect to the rush we saw for iPhone 4 for preorders and people lining up. My opinion though.