Preorder--Shipping different than Billing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iRebel, Jun 15, 2010.

1. iRebel macrumors newbie

I have tried AT&T website and it will not let me preorder since the billing is a PO Box and doesn't give me the option to change shipping. Unable to get through Apple store yet, so I don't know if it is a problem there as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

Just wait and preorder through Apple. I got my iPad delivered to my work address while my billing is my home address and didn't have any issues.

3. iRebel thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

To have a healthy marriage, you need to have at least one credit card that is billed to the office. :D

4. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

My bad man, I finally got an order through and saw the small print that says: "iPhone orders must be shipped to your AT&T billing address."

Looks like I'm gonna have to go to a store on launch day.

5. bmms8 macrumors 68020

this is crap. apple shipped me last year no problems. now their site states this... i dont even think ATT will now allow me to ship to my office either.

6. ttech10 macrumors 6502

For pre-ordering from Apple it will ship to your AT&T billing address.

You can change the AT&T billing address by going to the AT&T site then choosing 'My Profile' and changing the address.

I had to do this earlier, it will only take a few minutes to update on Apple's site (you may need to remove then re-add the iPhone to your Cart).

7. bmms8 macrumors 68020

can you change it back to the old billing address after you are done with the order? thanks!

8. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

For the record I just went through the process again on AT&T and NOWHERE does it state that Billing and Shipping have to be the same, it only says NO P.O or International.

9. bmms8 macrumors 68020

its only for the apple site i believe. but im having better luck getting into apple site compared to the att site.. its not letting me upgrade at all. its saying system error

10. Apothacarion macrumors member

Apothacarion

Will Apple's site let you change the shipping address? It gives me the option to do so.

11. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

I've been trying to figure this out too. After you preorder, you can change the mailing address (according to a coworker... I'm still trying to preorder). Who knows if that will actually work though.

I want it mailed to my work address...

12. bmms8 macrumors 68020

how? it states that the shipping address must be the ATT billing address for me.

13. HotFieryTech macrumors member

I tried to pre-order from Apple, and it said that I had to ship to my AT&T billing address. I temporarily changed my AT&T billing address and am trying to get the iPhone in my cart.

14. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I preordered through ATT and I was able to enter in a different shipping address. I am on a FAN account though so I'm not sure if it's allowed for those type of accounts and not others?

15. bmms8 macrumors 68020

please let me know what happens. i have to upgrade my line (live in a different state than att billing address) then my two family members need to also order their iphone 4's as well to original billing address.

16. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

I was able to enter a different billing address, but I used the premier site as well

17. bmms8 macrumors 68020

WTF, att is stating the exact same thing as apple... that you can only get it shipped to your billing address.. this is the dumbest policy i have seen...