Preorder time in Australia doesn't make sense

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jamesk811, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Jamesk811 macrumors 6502

Hi, I'm hoping someone here knows how this works from prior Apple pre order events.

I live in Australia so midnight on the 10th April in USA (pacific time) will be 5pm on the 10th April in Sydney Australia.

But from what I've heard Apple watch will be released in Australia from the morning of the 10th.

Does that mean people can preorder theirs first by making a reservation in store and then preorders online start at 5pm? Or will preorders online in Australia start at midnight Australian time or even maybe 8am Australian time?

Hope this makes sense :) ps can't wait to preorder my apple watch. Going for the SS with black sport band but also maybe considering the Space grey sport model.

2. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I'm sure it's just the way you've worded it, but the Apple Watch is not released on the 10th, it's release date is the 24th. Pre-orders start the 10th. However, I can't answer your question. I'm sure we will all know soon enough :)

3. Jamesk811 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah sorry that's what I meant. I meant the 10th being the preorder date, not the pickup date.

4. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

My guess is they will start pre-orders at 5pm in Australia but people in your country might get the advantage of seeing them first at the Apple stores that morning. This would be very helpful because you would know exactly what the watches and bands look like in person and then decide which one you want for sure.

I live in Florida so I will be pre-ordering at 3am on April 10th but won't get to see the watches in person until 8am, which is when my local stores open. I would prefer to see them first and then pre-order but I'm afraid that supply will be limited and that if I wait until the next morning that the pre-order ship dates will have slipped by then. I might pre-order the two that I want and cancel one of them after I've had a chance to see them both in person.

5. Ollé macrumors member

Ollé

Pretty sure that the online Apple AU store will have them for preorder as soon as the date hits the 10th, that's the way it has worked with iPhones and other pre-order goods that have happened in the past.

6. Jamesk811 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hopefully Apple lets us know when to expect to pre order online just so I'm not constantly checking every minute of the day from midnight to 5pm :)

7. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Incorrect. It's always been midnight pacific. 3.00 pm in Perth (my local time). I WISH they did it differently, so we didn't have to ALL struggle at once.

It would make sense to do it differently this time, seeing as they're going to have in-store models and stuff. But we'll see.

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Pre-orders for iPhone 6 started at 5pm Friday Sydney-time. I assume it'll be the same as before.

Sale of the product is usually from 8am on launch day.