Preorder Verizon iPhone 6 on Apple.com without upgrading?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djake80, Sep 11, 2014.

1. djake80 macrumors member

Anybody know if it will be possible to preorder a Verizon iPhone 6 on Apple.com for full price without upgrading? I have an upgrade available but want to keep my unlimited data so I want to pay full price.

Thanks!

2. djake80 thread starter macrumors member

Anybody know? I reached out to Apple and didn't get an answer.

3. applebro macrumors regular

applebro

no one seems to know and the only one available off contract is a GSM phone. May have to go on verizon's website I guess

4. wxman2003 Suspended

You wont be able to. If you have an upgrade available, it will only offer you the upgrade price. If you are not eligible for an upgrade, you will be allowed to buy full price.

If you want to pay full price without using your upgrade, and keep unlimited, you have to use verizon site. Simple as that.

5. djake80 thread starter macrumors member

Ok thanks. Looks like it's Verizon!

6. ttbhg macrumors newbie

I went to Apple.com and did a mock buy of a 5s. I'm not due an upgrade and I am going to pay full price but once it lets me select full price, it brings me to a screen where it makes me pick a data plan and there is no way to skip past it.

I'm on the single line $60 plan. My guess is it is going to make me select a data plan to buy the phone and then I'm going to have to call Verizon to change my plan back.

Anyone else notice that?

7. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

Since we've established you can't order it at retail with Apple (I was also told the same by them) are we going to be able to do so on the 19th if we GO to the Apple store? One rep (via chat) said no (that they won't sell it retail for "some time") and the other had no idea, but seemed inclined to say no as well.

8. roflc0pter macrumors regular

Which is why I will be ordering from Verizon.com to avoid the headache. I am on the same plan and it's asking to add a data plan along with messaging but you can choose pay per text.

9. rbf1138 macrumors 6502

So if I choose full price (so that I don't use my upgrade and lose unlimited data) on Verizon.com, it wont make me choose a data plan, right?

----------

So I'm being told on Verizon's online chat that even as an existing customer, if I choose New Customer and buy the phone without a plan, that'll be the easiest way to buy it at full price without a plan and then when I get it next week just activate it on my current number/account.

10. wxman2003 Suspended

On verizon site, click on upgrade phone. Select the device you wish to upgrade. Click on the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus. Select full price. Add to cart and checkout. You keep unlimited with no plan change.