Carrier Preorder Verizon or Sprint without service?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbchucks, Sep 9, 2016.

1. bbchucks macrumors newbie

I'm looking to purchase the Verizon/Sprint phones as unlocked and without entering wireless information. Is there any way to buy a Verizon or Sprint phone without entering existing or new wireless information?
    or the only way is to order the Tmobile phone?

2. warchieft2k macrumors newbie

I would also like to know the answer!!!!
    I have ATT but i want the verizon/sprint phone so i can have all the connectivity...

3. BobZune macrumors 6502a

I tried this and chatted with Apple on-line a few hours after pre-order opened. These SIM-Free phones aren't yet available for sale (USA here) - here's the quote "... The release iPhone 7 models, including full cost ones starting from $649.00, are set to activate with the US carrier you choose currently. The four are Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon as a sim free is not an option for the iPhone 7 models yet. We did not release an unlocked SIM Free iPhone 7/7Plus model for the US market. No word on when or if we will have one at this time. You are welcome to check with Apple.com/hotnews or back with us for any updates on this."

It appears they are catering to the existing major network customers first. I recall the SIM-Free iPhone 6 took a few weeks after release date to be available from Apple.

I have an ATT account whose contract ends next week, and wanted to switch to US Cellular since the coverage is better in SW Wisconsin, so wanted a CDMA (plus GSM) phone.

4. bbchucks thread starter macrumors newbie

Yah - I hate that they have to force you to enter your wireless information in order to get a Verizon/Sprint/ATT phone. I preordered the Tmobile last night but want a Verizon.

5. Florida Gator macrumors regular

iPhone 6 took 4 months to get the SIM-free version in the US. iPhone 6s took 3 weeks. Really no way to know when the iPhone 7 SIM-free will land, though.