Preorder watch and band together?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Stupotpot, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Stupotpot macrumors 6502

Stupotpot

So...I'm going to preorder the 42mm SS with Leather Loop but I want a rubber band too for gym etc.

The question is, do I order them together or order the watch and then separately order a strap to avoid any potential delay in the order going through?

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

I would preorder them separately to be on the safe side. I'm going to preorder any accessories which at the moment equate to a second band and a longer charge cable separately so that if they are delayed they won't affect the shipment of the watch itself.

3. Glene macrumors 6502

no one at this point knows when bands will ship specifically. I will assume they will ship and arrive here on 4/24. I am ordering two watches, an extra charging cable and a loop band. I realize there may be a button on the site that says "ship separately" but I'm still gonna put in seperate orders for each using the iphone store app.

4. BMox macrumors 6502

BMox

I'm ordering them separately-watch first then band after.

5. Stupotpot thread starter macrumors 6502

Stupotpot

Thanks...I thought that would be the best option!

Now it's just to decide between white or black sport band as my secondary!

6. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

When I pre-ordered the last iPad at launch, I included a case in the order. It arrived a few days early and the iPad arrived on the official launch date, so who knows. No harm in ordering separately though.

7. sterl320 macrumors 6502

no, you can potentially delay the shipping of your watch.

8. gcooldude86 macrumors 6502

Just to be safe I am odering the modern buckle and extra cable on a separate order. Don't want the watch to be delayed in shipment.

9. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

My plan was to pick up a SS with link and get white and black sport bands after. My only concern is that when gen 2 comes out, I would want to sell gen 1 with a sport band and keep the link for myself.

Anyone think it'd be a problem selling the SS with a sport band in the box for the SS with link?

10. Stupotpot thread starter macrumors 6502

Stupotpot

I wouldn't have thought the depreciation caused by the wrong box would be any worse than the cost of buying another link band!

11. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

Well I'd hope to get $400-450 for SS with sport. That's only $150-200 loss as opposed to $449 for the link. I don't imagine I'd get more than $700 for SS with link so I think I'd lose less selling with sport band instead of link.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

There's no way ordering additional bands and/or chargers and the watch in a single order will delay the shopping of the watch. Accessories and the main device never ship together, anyway. In my experience, they've always arrived in separate shipments even when they were ordered together.

13. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

What about Apple Care? Would it be better to purchase that after to skip a step when buying the watch? If you use the express checkout does it even ask you about Apple Care?