preordered 2 iphones with 2 different apple IDs for same familyplan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by icyfire, Jun 15, 2010.

1. icyfire macrumors 6502

Hey,

So I needed to order 2 iphones on my 3 line familyplan. Since apple's preordering system only allowed 1 iphone per apple ID, I created a new apple ID and preordered the 2nd iphone. Will this be a problem when I go and pick up the phones on the 24th?

2. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you entered in a different phone number. We have two lines on our family plan and I was able to upgrade both with the same apple ID

3. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

I was forced to use 2 apple id's as well. I created the second one on the site since we typically share one.

This should not be a problem, especially since the phone numbers designate the upgrade eligibility not the apple id.

4. burnside macrumors 6502

I was able to place two separate orders for two lines on my family plan with one id.

5. ethana macrumors 6502a

As was I.

6. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

As was I too. That was very weird. I am on the FAN with AT&T, maybe something is a little different with that? (Ordered 2 iPhone 4's)

7. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Ok so if I want to order 2 iphones on 1 family plan, do I pick the family plan option, does anyone know for sure?

8. wickedawesome31 macrumors member

That's what I'm going to try to do. Still keeping my fingers crossed for an announcement on the availability of the white iPhone sometime soon.

9. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I ended up ordering 2 phones for the same line (unintentionally, the #s are 1 digit off...) the orders both went through; am I going to be okay?