Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
So days before I preordered, I checked and even text that number to determine if I am eligible for early upgrade and I was and was told that the $18 upgrade fee will be waived. So I preordered yesterday thru AT&T and during the check out process, the charge looks about right and didn't really checked the calculations because nothing on the invoice shows about the upgrade fee but now that I'm calculating it, they charge me the $18 upgrade fee! $299 for the 32GB Black iPhone 4 and they charged me $317, I thought it was the tax but I noticed that the tax charge is TBD, so $317 - $299 = $18. Are they going to waive the upgrade fee later?:confused:

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
I'm confused as to who gets this $18 fee and who doesn't. And why it is even being charged.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I'm confused as to who gets this $18 fee and who doesn't. And why it is even being charged.

Not sure on what the criteria is, but I called and you can get it waived even if they don't by default.

lnferno

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
i was told that it'll be there, then credited back to you on the next bill.

That's what I was told as well. They told me that if I don't see a credit on my next invoice, call them and they'll remove it.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
then credited back to you on the next bill.
So you have to wait a month to get your money back? Money that you were never supposed to pay in the first place. And if you forget to call them about it, when they don't give it back to you on your bill, then they make out. I don't like how AT&T is handling this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.