Preordering details...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Turnpike, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Turnpike macrumors 6502

Turnpike

I called the Apple ordering number, but they have this "I can't speculate" script they have to use regarding anything to orders for an Apple watch...

If I stay up (and I intend to) and order it on an app on my iPhone, is it possible to use a credit card yet pick it up in the store (rather than have it shipped to my credit card billing address? And you think I can have it shipped to any Apple store, even if my local store (Stamford CT) won't be one of those few stocking it?

I prefer to pick it up at the store, even if that means taking the train into NYC to one of those larger stores...

Last thing- if I order it for pickup in the store, do they charge my card for the full amount right away?

I know this isnt in stone, but based on the experiences of those who have preordered in the past, I'm hoping I can get an idea for this purchase....

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

So they are allowing pickup in store then? That's what I want to do, but I haven't noticed anything confirmed. Maybe I just missed it :confused:

3. Turnpike thread starter macrumors 6502

Turnpike

See, I don't know... do they allow pickup in the stores? Do people here think that will be an option? I only saw it mentioned in forum conversations... does anyone know for sure?

4. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I really hope it is an option as well. I would prefer to pick it up in store rather than have someone bring it to my house.

5. badazz33 macrumors 6502a

badazz33

NO pick up in store is what i heard/read

6. Drew888 macrumors 6502a

Drew888

Based on past iPhone and iPad presales, that hasn't been an option until a few days after initial preorder day. (Wanted to do that for last iPhone and iPad)