Preordering iPhone 4 w/o micro SIM...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Christian247, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Christian247 macrumors member

Christian247

So how does that work? I am most likely going to preorder my iPhone 4 and have it delivered, but I was curious about a smooth transition because my current iPhone uses a regular sized SIM car, and the new one is a micro SIM, I'm sure they come with one in them, but how will I transfer service from my old SIM to the new one when it arrives?

thoughts, suggestions....?

2. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

You don't transfer anything. The MicroSIM it ships with will become your new SIM card once you activate the phone through iTunes and will hold your service.

3. funnsizee2013 macrumors newbie

what about the contacts saved on your SIM card?

4. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

the contacts shouldn't be saved on ur sim it should be backed up on ur computer through itunes

5. camomac macrumors 6502a

camomac

most likely they will have a device that will copy your old sim to the new one. i know that t-mobile use to do that for me when i got a new phone and wanted a different sim...

6. funnsizee2013 macrumors newbie

uhhh yeah I never did contacts because I didn't have the software to back them up... and still don't.. BUT I will be having MobileMe on my iPhone for, mostly for the tracking feature.. will that back up contacts? Plus my iphone was stolen so I had to get a new sim and use my old phone and now all the contacts I have built up from the time it was stolen to now are on my new SIM...

Will I have to go to an at&t store for them to transfer my original sim contacts to my new micro sim?

7. outphase macrumors 65816

You don't use iTunes?

8. funnsizee2013 macrumors newbie

Ahahahaha, yes I use it.. so are yall saying that I will be able to sync my iPhone 4 to what my stolen iPhone had on it since it's last backup?

9. stevenisHAUNTED macrumors regular

Yes, exactly that.
    As long as there is a back up available (look under Preferences and then go to Devices to see the latest backups), the data from that iPhone should transfer all data onto your new iPhone 4.

10. funnsizee2013 macrumors newbie

Wow, that is so neat. Yeah I looked and I have 4 on there. The last one being 9.21.09.. which is good because it was stolen in October! Yay! I'm so excited..
    Okaaay, last question.. I think..

Since at&t has changed their data plans.. I no longer see an unlimited option available.. and since I'm not currently on a iphone data plan anymore.. does that mean that I will HAVE to get 2GB of data on my iPhone? I would just to prefer to go with an unlimited plan.. Right now.. on a blackjack.. I have 1.4 GB used.. which is bloody close to 2GB.. I know that number will greatly increase on an iphone.. Especially with a longer lasting battery in it...

11. funnsizee2013 macrumors newbie

Or will I be able to keep my current unlimited data plan.. and it STILL work on the iPhone?