Preordering Phones at Verizon vs. Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xdbuix, Sep 30, 2011.

1. xdbuix macrumors 6502

As with everyone, I'm quite happy to hear about the new iPhone coming up. This will be my first smart phone purchase. I have a question though. I will be purchasing my phone through my family plan. My family gets discounts off of the monthly payment for data. Will this plan be automatically put into place if I purchase the phone at Apple? Also what are the Pros and cons purchasing at Verizon vs. Apple?

Thanks for the insight!

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

It's a lot easier and faster to obtain your new iPhone via Verizon. Apple only makes the phone and has no control over your carrier. Therefore you are introducing one more element and potential delays or problems into the transaction. Last year Apple kicked out a lot of orders.

I bought mine directly from AT&T and received it the day _before_ the official launch date, while others waited as much as a week or more after that date.

3. xdbuix thread starter macrumors 6502

Did you have any problems preordering it online with ATT? I hear the site was crashing due to the traffic load.

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I pre-ordered my iPhone 4 at Best Buy. Just walked in, gave them 50 bucks and got a call with a time the day before it came out. I walked in, sat down and did the AT&T stuff then walked out with a new phone before the store even opened to the public. If you have one close, I'd suggest this.