Preordering Process

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by weezite, Jun 9, 2010.

1. weezite macrumors regular

How exactly does preordering work? I understand that you either preorder through ATT or Apple and you can have the phone either be shipped to your house or picked up at the store. I assume that if you choose to have the phone shipped to your house, activation occurs when you hook up the phone to iTunes. How do you get to choose your plans now, though? I'm a returning customer looking to keep my Unlimited Data plan. I'm worried that when I hook up my new phone to iTunes, I'll only be presented with the two new data plans as options. How did this work for the 3GS?

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

You pick your plans when you preorder it online.

3. Agent13 macrumors newbie

Agent13

4. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Yes, that is what i'm doing. I bought a 3gs on the 4th for the sole purpose of being grandfathered into the unlimited. I already returned my 3gs and ATT said i could just pre-order it and have it set up at the store. I would rather do it at the store just to make sure nothing messes up.

5. bfh123 macrumors regular

Im going on vacation the week of release, so I called the store in the town Im staying, and asked them if I could preorder and pick it up at their store. She told me No, but I can come in on release day and buy one if they have any available.

I think I just got someone clueless because that made zero sense.:confused:

6. timmypv15 macrumors regular

AT&T's press release says you can preorder for pickup at the store, but only on the 25th. It doesn't make any sense! Why would they call it a pre order