Preordering the iPhone 6 Plus - Shipping time

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Milese3, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Milese3 macrumors 6502

Hi, I plan to preorder the iPhone 6 Plus on Friday ~4 hours after the preorders open. I have no experience with preordering an iPhone before and therefore don't know what to expect.

Should I expect the device on launch day? A week later? Two weeks later?

How long should it take for an iPhone 6 Plus arrive after launch day if I preorder?

2. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

Pre-order for delivery usually means release day delivery, so September 19th. I preordered the 4 and the 5 for delivery through my mobile carrier and they both arrived on release day. I live in NY and I see you are in the UK so I can not be certain that is how it works where you live. Hopefully that helped anyhow.

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

At least 2 weeks later if you are ordering 4 hours after pre-order starts, if previous releases are similar.
    went to 2 weeks shipping within 2 hours.

4. Skoal macrumors 65816

No offense meant to the above forum member but this while true is only somewhat true. The fact is ordering a minute after preorders begin or 4 hours after doesn't guarantee anything. I've been through 4 pre orders and they were all different. I ordered my iPhone 5 late morning the day after pre orders began and received my phone on launch day long before many who ordered the moment pre orders started. These forums will be jam packed with folks fretting and asking questions that no one has the answer for. Just place your order as you wish, strap in and enjoy the ride!

The good news is I have received all of my iPhone's (when pre ordered) on launch day. In fact I received my iPhone 4 the day BEFORE launch day as did many others. Good luck. You'll be fine!

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

No offence taken - once you're in the rough wave of deliveries, then when you get the device is dependent on the delivery service.

My point was - the later you order, if stock is constrained, the more likely that your order will then be processed and delivered from a later shipment of iPhones. Spoke with an Apple rep just now, who said she'd steal that line.

Pre-ordering earlier does give you a better chance of getting a delivery for launch day. All unknowns for now - UK doesn't even know conclusively if pre-orders are in line with Cupertino Eastern Time so 3am BST (right? damn daylight savings confusion) or just going to be 8am BST.

6. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

When do I have to order by to get the phone on delivery date? Does it really start at 3AM? That blows! I might just wait in line Friday morning 9/19.

7. crashzero macrumors member

crashzero

not necessarily true. i preordered 5 hours after preorder began and still received my iPhone 5 on the first day.

8. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Anybody with experience know how this works? I'd like to upgrade to the AT&T next program.

Should I use Apple's website or AT&T to preorder the phone? I live in Pennsylvania, so it'll be 3:01AM for me.. does it normally sell out really fast?

Let me know!

Thanks
    David

9. YungMoola94 macrumors regular

It's not really selling out that's the issue, rather the website crashing and acting slow. I would recommend ordering it at 3 AM through Apple site because they have most inventory.

10. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

How do I do this with the AT&T next program though? I'll try and give Apple a call and find out.