Preordering Verizon iPhone X for use on T-Mobile?

mattyu007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Seattle, WA
I'm currently on T-Mobile but might switch to Verizon in the near future. My understanding is that the T-Mobile iPhone X won't work on Verizon, right? Will I be able to order the Verizon model from Apple tonight or will I be stuck with ordering the T-Mobile model?

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
You will have to order the T-Mobile. Ordering the Verizon version you must input your Verizon account info

mattyu007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Seattle, WA
Boo, that's upsetting. I guess I'll order the T-Mobile one for now and return / exchange it for a Verizon one if I decide to switch.

iPhone Xcited

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
Arizona
Boo, that's upsetting. I guess I'll order the T-Mobile one for now and return / exchange it for a Verizon one if I decide to switch.
If you have the financial means (enough credit line to cover the cost), try ordering the Verizon model from Best Buy tonight and also the T-Mobile one from the Apple Store app/Apple.com as a back up. Then cancel the order on one or the other when you decide. This is my plan (as a T-Mobile customer wanting the Verizon model).

mattyu007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Seattle, WA
If you have the financial means (enough credit line to cover the cost), try ordering the Verizon model from Best Buy tonight and also the T-Mobile one from the Apple Store app/Apple.com as a back up. Then cancel the order on one or the other when you decide. This is my plan (as a T-Mobile customer wanting the Verizon model).
That's actually not a bad idea. I did notice, however, that the 256 GB iPhone X is $1,249 at Best Buy, $100 more than the $1,149 Apple charges. Strange.

iPhone Xcited

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
Arizona
That's actually not a bad idea. I did notice, however, that the 256 GB iPhone X is $1,249 at Best Buy, $100 more than the $1,149 Apple charges. Strange.
Price match in-store when picking up. I called to confirm they do this. (at least when paying full up front). Twice, at different locations.