Preordering with a Debit Card Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snarestud940, Sep 11, 2014.

1. snarestud940 macrumors 6502

Do you have to have the amount of the payment in the account at the time of preorder if they require a hold on the account? Just asking because I have bank of america, and made a transfer, but i can't do it immediately. It says scheduled for tomorrow and its 11:07 on the east coast....

2. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Yes, you do. If it works like pre-orders in the past, as soon as you place the order, they will put a hold for the full amount of the order. If you're paying with a debit card, it will deduct this from your available balance, and you'll physically need to have the full amount in your account at the time of purchase.

3. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I believe you do have to have the funds available. My paycheck goes in my account at 12:00AM exactly, so I'll be cutting it close. Watch this be the one time it's not in there at exactly midnight like usual.

4. snarestud940 thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you recommend me going to an ATM, withdrawing it from my savings and depositing it into my checking?

5. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

It may still show as "pending" or "posted, but not available yet" in your account even if you do this, as many banks don't post them same-day after a certain cut off time.

6. wxman2003 Suspended

Most of the time, deposits you make at an ATM normally don't make it officially into you account until the next business day. Most bank ATM's always say when you deposit that funds may not be available until next business day.

7. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

That should work. I have BofA too and when I deposit cash it usually shows up right away.

8. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Any modern banking system you should be able to do that all from an App....

9. wxman2003 Suspended

Also remember, if using a debit card, you may actually have a spending limit amount per day.

----------

True, but if you use the app, and then go online to your account, it may have pending after the transaction.

10. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Same thing happened to me but it shows the money I transferred under Available Balance just not Current Balance so I'm assuming it will be fine.

11. iOz macrumors regular

Pretty difficult to deposit cash in an app.

12. snarestud940 thread starter macrumors 6502